Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

Pics
3-----Friends ! - $600 (Greenville Area)

OK here it goes,,..,,.,.,.,.,.,.I have 1 regular size donkey,1 Mini Mule and a Mini Horse.,.,.,.,Email for pictures,..,,.,.GREAT fun to have around.,,..,.,all 3 together for one price,.,.,..,,.No Im not going to split them up,..,,.,.,.,.

A little weard eh?!?!

smile.png

.​

Last edited:
Quote:
PostingID: 2173530532

I have 2 kids and one income...I would NEVER place an ad like this begging someone to give me a shed. Dood...get off your butt and build something. Or Mrs. Dood...get off your butt and build something.

maybe they should sell what they want to put in the shed...

Quote:
I have 2 kids and one income...I would NEVER place an ad like this begging someone to give me a shed. Dood...get off your butt and build something. Or Mrs. Dood...get off your butt and build something.

REALLY!
thumbsup.gif
Let's assume they are keeping chickens....or a goat. Something could be built with little to no money. I don't find pity for people who pity themselves.
idunno.gif

Quote:

These are probably non-resourceful people, some people are never taught such thing. Maybe even worse, their families have taught them it was ok to just ASK for things.

We would LOVE a shed, could really USE a shed... we can't AFFORD a shed... there for we do not HAVE a shed. In times like these no one should spend on things they can not afford, and if you have no saving, you do not need THINGS. I have given up a lot to survive... and I am in no better place then they are financially, I am probably even worse. Mentally, I think my responsibility level is probably WAY higher.

I shake my head at them... but what you going to do!?

I've been known to put posts on craigslist before asking for stuff, but I say things like, "Look, if you have (insert item name here) sitting in your garage just collecting dust, I'll come get it from you and take it off your hands because I could use it. Perhaps I have things we could barter or you could at least let me give you a few bucks for the item." I have gotten everything from a rototiller to garden fertilizer to a free cabover camper (about to become the chicken coop LOL). But if someone had an ad for something they were selling, I would NEVER contact them and try to get it for free or next to free! The reason they post "$500 or best offer" is because they really want $300 for it or they'll take as close to it as they could get!

I recently had a fridge on CL for sale for $300 and you would not believe the number of offers that came in for $100 or less! The thing that really got me was after a couple of weeks, a lady I had spoken to 6 times (uppity lady who was a landlady) offered me $200 cash, we shook hands, she left to go get her truck, called me an hour later and said it had gotten too dark (which it had and I, too, was concerned), then I never heard from her again. I waited a day and a half, called her, and she said she'd lost my number (really? Had no trouble finding it the other 6 times you called me) and that she had bought something cheaper and that I was charging a lot for a refrigerator that wasn't really a high-end model. You're right, it's their mid-grade model but is the largest model they make and retails for $949... you're not going to get a "really high-end model" for $300 no matter WHERE you go.

I just don't like it when they leave you twisting in the wind.

Listed in the Free section. No comment.
hmm.png

http://lafayette.craigslist.org/zip/2176420059.html

Free bed to sleep in! Please read (La Quinta /Broussard )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-01-23, 6:45PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

38/m staying at hotel for a few days have 2 beds in room hit me up if you need somewhere to hide out a few days

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2176420059​

Last edited:
i use craiglist too
I write in my ads Chicks for sale
No grown Chickens
I get email form people looking for grown hens. All the time
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
This was on one of our local craigslist in the Free section
I am not sure if they misplaced the p w/ a g.. but I have never heard of black and tan fish...

Free guppies (Sun Prairie)
Date: 2011-01-23, 5:20PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Free to good home 8 guppies. Black and tan, born 25 December.

This ones not on craigslist but just as ignorant nonetheless. If you look at the pic there is no doubt this is a cross with it's big single comb. I don't know what show would accept this as "show quality" or what "important" bloodline he's talking about but at least the price was right! lol
People should research a little before making claims like this and leave the judgement of "show quality" to the experienced. I hope the guy finds a nice home for him and doesn't have a problem afterwards when a naive buyer tries to show it somewhere. I feel sorry for him because it's likely someone fed him that BS when he got it.

Show Quality White Silkie RoosterLocation: Louisiana, Baton Rouge
Posted on: Sunday - January 23, 2011 12:15
Expires: Saturday - February 12, 2011 12:15
Price: $5
This is a beautiful, 8 month old White Silkie. He is a pet from an important bloodline that I know nothing about. His head and legs are completely covered. He is so tame that he will sit in my daughter's lap as long as she lets him. Sadly, I added 2 hens to the small coop and he and the other rooster went nuts! One of them has to go. I will try to post a picture as soon as possible. Call Larry @ 225-xxxxxx
http://louisiana.freegardenshopper.com/farm-and-garden/show-quality-white-silkie-rooster.html

edited to fix the link!

Last edited:
Quote:
A great chuckle for Monday morning. I love this "an important bloodline that I know nothing about". Wow....

Back
Top Bottom