Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

Forget the listed coop. I want to buy some of those amazing hens that lay at least 2 eggs per day!

I also noticed ad said it would be "Ideal for the first time "livestock" enthusiast," I guess anyone who did a bit of research would know better. 🤔

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/grd/d/lisle-complete-chicken-coup-with/7465033932.html

COMPLETE CHICKEN COUP with accessories- RAISE ORGANIC HENS / EGGS !! - $275 (Lisle)​

01010_dUwia4lRT7fz_0CI0nU_600x450.jpg

00l0l_b71N7RiYHtEz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00w0w_kjsrw8qrkAYz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Ideal for the first time "livestock" enthusiast, this coup is suitable for up to 7 large hens. AND- this is in Lisle for pick up only. So, GPS it before you call me and find out if it is too far and waste a conversation please.

Comes with feed, treats, heater, water and feed dispenser....turn key once you get birds and get them ready to lay. The pic of the eggs was the average morning take from when I had 5 briefly. There would be another 5 or so if I check in afternoon. Each bird averaged about 2+ eggs per day and when there were 7, before they ended up on my yard it was 18/day avg.

*YOU NEED TO GET YOUR OWN BIRDS, THIS WILL MAKE OWNING THEM TURN KEY

NOTE ON WHY I AM SELLING: I took these in when I sold my pals house and he forgot they buyers demanded the chickens be removed before close (He paid over $1000 for coup and all the accessories). So, having a large yard I "inherited" the pictured birds from about July 2021- Fall when they were given away, since I am simply not interested in raising chickens. Selling like a fraction of what he paid so he can "re-coup" some $ (pun intended ;) Please NO- "WHY ARE YOU SELLING QUESTIONS" Haha. but seriously.

If you have further questions, please contact the owner at the number provided, so you and he can arrange a time that works for all of us since he lives in a far West Suburb now. My only concern is that when it is removed, it is done with care and safely.
This is hilarious.

The coop can house maybe 3-4 birds comfortably.

They straight up lied to the buyers when they say they got 18 eggs daily from 7 chickens.

I hope nobody bought them. Actually, I do hope someone took them away from that terrible owner and set up. I wouldn’t be surprised if the person that wrote the ad sat there pushing the eggs out of the hens.

This is sadly a reality in the chicken world. I can’t believe how ‘tarded people can really be. A quick google search would disprove the ad and shoo away customers…

Thank you for sharing this. I had a good laugh.

Forget the listed coop. I want to buy some of those amazing hens that lay at least 2 eggs per day!

I also noticed ad said it would be "Ideal for the first time "livestock" enthusiast," I guess anyone who did a bit of research would know better. 🤔

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/grd/d/lisle-complete-chicken-coup-with/7465033932.html

COMPLETE CHICKEN COUP with accessories- RAISE ORGANIC HENS / EGGS !! - $275 (Lisle)​

01010_dUwia4lRT7fz_0CI0nU_600x450.jpg

00l0l_b71N7RiYHtEz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00w0w_kjsrw8qrkAYz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Ideal for the first time "livestock" enthusiast, this coup is suitable for up to 7 large hens. AND- this is in Lisle for pick up only. So, GPS it before you call me and find out if it is too far and waste a conversation please.

Comes with feed, treats, heater, water and feed dispenser....turn key once you get birds and get them ready to lay. The pic of the eggs was the average morning take from when I had 5 briefly. There would be another 5 or so if I check in afternoon. Each bird averaged about 2+ eggs per day and when there were 7, before they ended up on my yard it was 18/day avg.

*YOU NEED TO GET YOUR OWN BIRDS, THIS WILL MAKE OWNING THEM TURN KEY

NOTE ON WHY I AM SELLING: I took these in when I sold my pals house and he forgot they buyers demanded the chickens be removed before close (He paid over $1000 for coup and all the accessories). So, having a large yard I "inherited" the pictured birds from about July 2021- Fall when they were given away, since I am simply not interested in raising chickens. Selling like a fraction of what he paid so he can "re-coup" some $ (pun intended ;) Please NO- "WHY ARE YOU SELLING QUESTIONS" Haha. but seriously.

If you have further questions, please contact the owner at the number provided, so you and he can arrange a time that works for all of us since he lives in a far West Suburb now. My only concern is that when it is removed, it is done with care and safely.
I asked him about it and i said no chicken lays 2 eggs a day… and he responded with “no sh*t but they lay double yolks”

Back
Top Bottom