Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

I'm new at hearing this term "Showgirl". Is it possible for a Showgirl to be a rooster, or should they be called Showboy? Again, I'm new at hearing the term and really think they look like Silkie Turken crosses... :lol:
showgirls are, indeed, silkie turken crosses, originally. Thats how they got that ugly neck.

Wow! A lavender Orp!
58C46F27-E4BD-4D22-8FC1-B49D6FECEA9D.jpeg

Not. This is someone trying to scam people with just an Easter Egger.
Notice the “Purebred” 😅.

Wow! A lavender Orp!
View attachment 3062130
Not. This is someone trying to scam people with just an Easter Egger.
Notice the “Purebred” 😅.
The color caught them off gaurd? If only they noticed a hen of the same breed in the background?
Yes. $45 for a roo is outrageous.
Sadly there are people out there who think us chicken owners are made of gold.
If it was truly what they thought it was, plus show quality, shockingly, they could get that price. But to honestly get that price, some good bloodlines and maybe a ribbon would be needed to be shown. Here, they'll only sell this bird to someone who doesn't truly know chickens, or pricing, if they can sell him at all for that price. He's not even true Self Blue Ameruacana (don't judge my spelling, please, I don't got the breed spelling memorized yet)- the comb is wrong.

The color caught them off gaurd? If only they noticed a hen of the same breed in the background?

If it was truly what they thought it was, plus show quality, shockingly, they could get that price. But to honestly get that price, some good bloodlines and maybe a ribbon would be needed to be shown. Here, they'll only sell this bird to someone who doesn't truly know chickens, or pricing, if they can sell him at all for that price. He's not even true Self Blue Ameruacana (don't judge my spelling, please, I don't got the breed spelling memorized yet)- the comb is wrong.
I am aware some roos actually get to a price like that… I was implying the fact that I would never pay anywhere close to that for a roo.

Back
Top Bottom