Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

Heeler? And what's a "rehoming fee?"

A 'rehoming fee' is how people try to get around the rule of no selling pets. They say a 'rehoming fee' because according to craigslist rules a small fee is allowed to help cover the food and vet care you put into the animal, kind of like an adoption fee like you would get charged at a shelter, but you are not allowed to sell animals, like a breeder selling puppies. Most times when they say 'a rehoming fee applies' in the ad but don't say how much, they're really selling the animal and when you talk to them they'll ask for outrageous amounts, like $300+ which they couldn't just say in the ad because they'd get flagged.

Nah, I meant I've actually seen people asking that much for a regular non-purebred dog. And I know you can get flagged for free ads - I actually got flagged several times when trying to rehome a female guinea pig for free, cage and all. I do understand small rehoming fees, but asking $300 dollars or more for a pet that you claim to just be trying to find a good new home for, especially one that's a mix, is crazy to me. I'm not saying mixes are bad, don't get me wrong. The point I'm trying to make is, if a person was looking to find a good new home for a loved animal, you'd think they'd be willing to just give them to a home that's going to take really good care of them and love them and get them the proper vet care. Instead it seems these days people are oftentimes more concerned with getting the money they spent on the animal back than finding them a really good new home, which I find sad for the animal.

Anyways, back on topic, here's an annoying one that keeps showing up on my local craigslist, over and over.

Last edited:
if that was the price for a house like that in MO, it would be sold in a second.
tongue.png
Depends on where in MO. Saw a nice older house near Mansfield with three bedrooms and a walk out basement for $60,000. Have seen some nice smaller homes on pretty lots for a lot less than that.

Quote: Lucky chicken egg vending machine - $125

3Gd3Me3J55L65E95Hed1ld3963a95b4811fc7.jpg

A classic vending machine from 1981. Insert a quarter and it spits out an egg with surprise. Light works. Make a great Christmas present and would look cool in your game room or restaurant lobby. I also have an electric talking Flintstone Lucky Dino Egg Machine. I want $250 for that. Eggs not included.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd buy that if I was there in a heart beat.

Back
Top Bottom