Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

I too agree that nothing is wrong with the ad... there is nothing wrong with selling cages... you could put rabbits or quail or anything in there. No reason to flag it AT ALL. It's people like you guys that make it impossible to sell stuff on Craigslist.
roll.png

Cages like that have lots of great uses, and I would consider buying one - not for stuffing tons of hens, but for isolating sick birds or growing out youngsters or stuff like that. I think its ridiculous to flag something like a cage. Its a tool and its how its used that makes it good or bad - the product itself has its uses.

protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Beautiful Ducks - $10 (Elizabeth)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-09-03, 2:01PM MDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have many breeds of ducks for sale.

Hens: $15

1. Cayuga- 1 Available
2. Runner Cross- 1 Available
3. Cayuga Cross- 1 Available
4. Pekin Cross- 1 Available
5. Welsh Harlequin- 1 Available

Breeding Pairs: $30

1. Khaki Campbell (Female is a crested Khaki)- 1 Available
4. Ancona- 1 Available

Unsexed: $10

1. Welsh Harlequin/Ancona Cross- 4 Available

Call or text me Jennifer
https://sites.google.com

Site words: chicken, chickens, rooster, roosters, hens, laying, ducks, turkeys, duck, turkey

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2572841884

Copyright
00a9.png
2011 craigslist, inc.terms of useprivacy policyfeedback forum

So, I was curious about these "hens" and googled what a female duck is called. Guess what, it's not "hen."

Quote:
You are abusing the "flag" system on craigslist, there is nothing wrong with the ad. Just ignore it and MOVE ON. How would you like it if someone flagged your perfectly legal ad just because they didn't like it. Not very fair is it?

Quote:
Ha ha! It is perfectly acceptable to call a female duck a hen!
big_smile.png
I do...so do most breeders I've talked with. I just think it is funny that the site words include chickens, roosters and turkeys when they are merely selling ducks!
smile.png

Quote:
Ha ha! It is perfectly acceptable to call a female duck a hen!
big_smile.png
I do...so do most breeders I've talked with. I just think it is funny that the site words include chickens, roosters and turkeys when they are merely selling ducks!
smile.png

I call all my female ducks hens, no one would know what I was talking about if I didn't! AND almost everyone that I know that has ducks have chickens too and A LOT of people that have chickens are not opposed to having ducks. SO I think it is very smart to add chickens to the keywords. and who knows they may have chickens for sale too on another ad or not listed hoping to get chicken/duck people?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom