Oh Crap

are you zoned to have chickens? you might want to check on that to be sure of the laws and ordinances just in case they try to bring that up to you. also, you might want to keep them in your yard somehow. could you make an inclosed run attached to your coop? if they are free ranging they are probably heading to his yard and might be destroying the grass and plants, or causing too much noise for him.

How polite of your neighbor! To me this is the very best scenario for a neighbor who isnt liking the chickens. Have you called yet? Maybe he doesnt like the crowing?

He feeds the squirrels and they found his stash, I offered eggs but he said no. Hopefully he should be okay when we put the fence back up, but our chickens fly over and I have a feeling they're gonna find their way back over there. :-/

you might want to start clipping their wings to keep them from flying over the fence. he might want to invest in an steel trash can for his bird/squirrel feed. that way he can keep any other animals from wasting it or leaving their droppings in it. i would worry about other rodents than the chickens!

Quote:
HIGHLY agreed My neighbor flat out called the HOA and they sent out a notice to everyone on the subject Lucky for my my better half sits as head chair on the board so ya good luck
smile.png
These are the same people that dont like our dogs (even though they are the bad dog owners) and called SPCA on us and told them we abuse our animals!!!!!!

I am happy he left you a note that truly does show respect and willingness to "work it out" Best of Luck!

Maybe you could offer to replace the feed they have eaten, but when it all comes down to it, it is your responsibility to keep your chickens on your property. Luckily my neighbor thinks our chickens are cute and walks them home when they go visit her. It's so funny to watch her walking down the sidewalk with a chicken following along
D.gif

Quote:
Exactly. He is trying to get ahold of you first. I, like you, would be nervous as well, because you don't know what he'll say. Give him a call and see whats up. Please keep us posted. Best of luck.
fl.gif

Quote:
That's not too bad at all! Good job for talking to him - that can be pretty scary to have to do. If your yard is fenced in, I would agree with what has already been suggested, which is to clip the birds' wings to keep them in your yard. Or, if you have an enclosure like a dog run, that may be a good place to keep them.

Quote:
I agree. You might still want to edit your post to take off the name and number.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) * * * Nesting with 5 Australorp and 5 Lt. Brahma hens plus 'The Count of Monte Cristo' - or Monte, for short - one beautiful, well-behaved, hard-working, Australorp rooster, in south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

Back
Top Bottom