Oh!!! Help!!! Hen is really not look good at all!!!!!!!!!!

So I was reading the sour crop link you posted ten chicks. There is a part about tilting the chick at a 60 degree angle and massaging their throat to get the yucky stuff out of their stomach. It made me remember something that happened earlier. I had her on her back to put the powder on her with head pointing a bit downwards and she threw up all over me. It was all clear. I just thought at the time that it was just the liquid that I had given her. But maybe it wasn't.
Is her crop squishy/watery? Any smell from mouth? Often sour crop can be a result of a previously impacted crop. There are other treatments for sour crop besides ones mentioned in link,some are using products such as monistat or canesten,search forum for other suggestions regarding sour crop treatment.

**** it.
he.gif
....She's gone. I went down to feel if she had an egg in her and while I was holding her she threw up. I tried to tip her so that she didn't choke on it. Then she just gave a few small jolts and her eyes went wide and her head slumped over. I set her down to see if I could see if she was still breathing...no such luck. Poor girl. Maybe if I had recognized what was wrong with her sooner I could have done something sooner to help. I can't believe how fast it happened. She was totally fine 3 or 4 days ago. R.I.P Ginger

I'm sorry.I wished I could have been more help.I think it is the same as what my flock had but either way I hate that it happend.You should look into treating your flock just in case.Also look around where your chicken go and look for yellow or white egg clutches.

Sounds like my experience with Botulism.
Went to give my girl some water, looked like she aspirated and her head just went completely back.
Dead in seconds

Sorry for your loss

It does sound like a crop issue. Many things can cause it, impaction, tumours, worms, reproductive issues, Marek's disease, i am sure there is many other things. It sounded like she was already declining. You did the best for her, she is no longer suffering. If you can get a necropsy done, that will help with answers.

I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs

I'm sorry.I wished I could have been more help.I think it is the same as what my flock had but either way I hate that it happend.You should look into treating your flock just in case.Also look around where your chicken go and look for yellow or white egg clutch
Thank you so much for your help and input! Luckily I don't have a problem with them laying eggs around the yard. They go back to the coop to lay every time.

Thank you all for your caring thoughts and help. I really appreciate it. Now I guess all I can do is learn from it and try to prevent it from happening again. I will look into treating the rest of the flock just in case. Although I'm not totally sure what to treat them with/for.

Back
Top Bottom