Oh my... new to this... help?

Kitkatk8

Chirping
Apr 1, 2020
Hello - am new to this website and to having chicks - and have no idea what I’m doing.

Long story short - we accidentally acquired (two separate sets, 7 total) chicks - they were going to be “disposed of” and I couldn’t let that happen because I am a crazy animal person :idunno.

Have had them for a week , and I currently have them in our garage, in two separate bins, with lamps/food/water/the essentials. They were originally all in one bin - but the tinier ones starting getting what I’ve learned is “pasting”and seemed to be getting picked on (literally!) so separated them into the groups in which they came. Have ordered two separate large coops to arrive this weekend....

I’ve been trying my very best to research as much as I can online, but have no idea what breeds they are. Do you experts know any websites that can lend me a hand in that department? Not sure if I should post pics of all 7 chicks here or not?

Sorry for rambling - hope everyone is healthy and staying sane if quarantined!

I don’t even know if it’s normal to reply to ones own post (excuse if bad website etiquette - baby crying and 6 year old just informed me she is ‘brushing the dogs teeth’ :barnie) but could really also use just any replies with basic help or suggestions for being new at raising chickens!

I don’t even know if it’s normal to reply to ones own post (excuse if bad website etiquette - baby crying and 6 year old just informed me she is ‘brushing the dogs teeth’ :barnie) but could really also use just any replies with basic help or suggestions for being new at raising chickens!
Brushing dogs teeth is good for them, sounds like your 6 year old is pretty smart!:clap

Thank you all for your kind replies!
I’ve since realized that there is an entire section on this website dedicated to identifying the chicks! How cool!! Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom