OH NATIONAL 2012 ~ Are you going to be there?

Dracoe, I hate to tell you this, but this sounds really bad...someone on another board had three silkie roosters disappear as well. I told them they should post over here in the hopes that maybe someone had mistakenly taken them and the BYC network could help get the word out, but now with your news...I don't know what there is to say.
sad.png

I heard about them losing their silkies as well.... I'm really upset that I'm lost her and more so that it sounds like this is a common occurrence. I have never heard of this at any other show I have been to. I'm may even send letters to every exhibitor asking them about my bird and hers. I know it's a slim shot but I want to at least try and hope that the people who took the birds want to get them back home and didn't do this to get a free show bird...

Good news everyone I found her! One of the Wyandotte breeders of America saw her alone in a pen being broken down, regonized my exhibitor number and desired to take her home to be sure she was safe. I got an email from him today and will pick her up soon :). I'm so thankful I found her. All the support and prayers from everyone definitely kept me going to not give up on finding her.

I am still keeping an ear out for Redrooster0530 missing silkies. If you need information or know anything about the missing silkies please contact them immediately. I want them to have a happy reunion like I am.

Good news everyone I found her! One of the Wyandotte breeders of America saw her alone in a pen being broken down, regonized my exhibitor number and desired to take her home to be sure she was safe. I got an email from him today and will pick her up soon
smile.png
. I'm so thankful I found her. All the support and prayers from everyone definitely kept me going to not give up on finding her.
I am still keeping an ear out for Redrooster0530 missing silkies. If you need information or know anything about the missing silkies please contact them immediately. I want them to have a happy reunion like I am.
Oh my gosh!! That is such fabulous news!!! I've been praying for you to be reunited...I can't imagine coming home without one of my birds, it would be heartbreaking!

Keeping up the prayers for Redrooster...

I have never heard of this at any other show I have been to. I'm may even send letters to every exhibitor asking them about my bird and hers. I know it's a slim shot but I want to at least try and hope that the people who took the birds want to get them back home and didn't do this to get a free show bird...
At the end there were the usual 1% (50 birds or so) still there when the show was definitely over. By the end of tear down over half of them had been claimed in one way or another by their owners. Most of the birds after that were, by exhibition poultry standards, culls that were probably abandoned and left for the show management to deal with.

It happens at every show- usually in the haste to coop out. A matter of the wrong bird being gathered up. Often birds are just forgotten. You have no idea how many birds over the years at The OHIO NATIONAL have been left by accident because they were on Champion Row and not to be collected in the usual manner. One year there were three.

At the end there were the usual 1% (50 birds or so) still there when the show was definitely over. By the end of tear down over half of them had been claimed in one way or another by their owners. Most of the birds after that were, by exhibition poultry standards, culls that were probably abandoned and left for the show management to deal with. It happens at every show- usually in the haste to coop out. A matter of the wrong bird being gathered up. Often birds are just forgotten. You have no idea how many birds over the years at The OHIO NATIONAL have been left by accident because they were on Champion Row and not to be collected in the usual manner. One year there were three. I can totally see how that would happen. At the last show I almost forgot our cockerel that was on Champion row because it totally slipped my mind. Anyway I'm glad the bird was found!

Had a great weekend! Our daughter did very well with her Rhode Island Red bantam pullet....Best of Breed, Champion SCCL, Champion Bantam, and over all champion of the youth show....out of over 1,500 birds! We were very plesantly surprised, and our daughter is absolutely thrilled!
That is fantastic
Today I went to pick up my birds from the Ohio National and my Black Orpington hen was gone.... I arrived later because I had to drive 2.5 hours and when I got there no one could tell me where she was and pretty much everyone was gone. I was thankfully able to find my other chickens but I am still upset that my hen is gone. I reported it to the managers there but all they are going to do is wait for a phone call from someone. She was either mistakenly taken because birds were being put in boxes and crates with out telling people or someone purposely took her (which I pray didn't happen). I hatched her myself and she is one of my favorite and best hens in my flock. Please if any body knows any information please contact me. I just want her to get home safely I am so worried :(!

Description---

She is a large Black Orpington hen. 1.5 years. face black. Comb black in the front then red going to the back. Has an "S" shape to her comb. Has a silver leg band on her left leg for getting a Pollurom test in VA. Has VA then numbers (will get exact numbers soon).

I glad you got your bird back. They start tearing things down as soon as the awards are done. You will even find birds on the ground because someone opened the wrong cage and didn't close it.
Quote: How do you do that. I brought 4 birds with me, left with 8. I counted everyone numerous times. I would never want to be that person that said I left my bird at the show.....It is a poultry show after all. You bring them, you show them, you leave with them.

Back
Top Bottom