OH NATIONAL 2012 ~ Are you going to be there?

White Giants-

While hanging coop tags today OHIO NATIONAL president Tim Johnson mentioned that he has a lot of very nice young White Giants in excess. He is a top flight breeder of Black Giants and knows a good one when he sees it. Said he could bring them to the show next weekend if people in need of them contact him at (419) 353-0424

OK - just for us newbie - backyard types....... would this be good to attend and just look around and see what is out there?

Is there a vendor area?

Is there education available?

Or is this just for the experienced chicken-ers to show?

I will look at the website, but as you said - this is in my backyard and to miss it may be silly!

My testers name is Candy.....wonderful lady, love when she comes out, extremely nice to the birds, talks to them and takes her time, she will even help in wrangling them up. I had no problem getting a hold of her to do my retesting and when I told her I was going to show at Nationals, she came out the day I called her. Great gal.

OK - just for us newbie - backyard types....... would this be good to attend and just look around and see what is out there?

Is there a vendor area?

I will look at the website, but as you said - this is in my backyard and to miss it may be silly!
You must go! My first time was last year and I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't begin to tell you what was available
celebrate.gif
I spent all day just looking at each, individual bird...trying to absorb all the information that I could. This year I'm hoping to find a BQ Black Silkie pair to start out my black pen (hint, hint breeders
wink.png
). I would LOVE to get together with fellow BYC'ers to learn even more and to talk CHICKEN!

Is there a vendor area?

Yes and Yes and yes.......I've gone the past 2 yrs and love it. I love going and watching the kids show their birds, these kids are full of knowledge and sometimes easier to talk to, because they like to show off their birds. If you have any breathing problems, I would suggest bringing a mask with you, there is a lot of dust. You will have a great time. If you are buying look at the birds carefully and check for mites.

We will be attending Ohio National and have birds for sale.
- black mottled bantam cochins (pairs and cockerels)
- black silkie pairs
- blue,buff,splash silkies (catdance lines)
-black bantam cochins
PM me if interested.also will be looking for a pair of show quality red shouldered yokohamas.

Back
Top Bottom