Oh no! My hen just drank soda!!!

angelmarie

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
bakersfield
i went outside for a bit and left a small glass of strawberry soda on my back steps. When i wasn't looking my astrolop Blackie started drinkin' my soda! She only got a few sips in, but she keeps houndin' me for it, and i had to keep moving it, so i finally just went and took it inside. Now she keeps eyein' me for more! Is this something i should be worried about? She won't explode will she? i knew she was a bit of a pig, but wow! Next, thing i know she'll be sitting on my couch, eating chee-tos and watchin t.v. all day!

LOL That's too funny. Reminds me of the time a crow got my son's soda at the beach. I'm sure your hen will be fine.
lau.gif

Next thing I know, she'll be sitting on my couch, eating chee-tos and watchin t.v. all day!

Dont encourage this sort of behavior in chickens. It can only lead down the dark path to chicken diapers.
For your own good, stop it now.​

carbonated water > apparently this can be helpful in hot weather for rehydration (had read some studies on that)
HOWEVER > flavored carbonated drinks usually have caffeine in them which is VERY bad for birds so keep them away!

Back
Top Bottom