OH NO OH NO!! I cracked an egg while turning! Help~ HAPPY UPDATE

Try a band-aid, or two. No chemicals to hurt the baby, not on a regular aid anyway. Hope something works for you. Hang in there.

Oh YEAH. I forgot duck tape. just cut out a square and place it over the crack and PRESTO!!! PS BREATH and DO NOT puke on your computer. We wouldnt be able to give you advice LOL
hugs.gif

Yes, I guess I will have to get over it .... it's done now and I just will have to wait it out and hope N pray it hatches still. They have seemed so healthy and alive when I candle so maybe these are strong little guys and it will make it.

It's a bummer for sure.....

~~~

It is now sealed with clear nail polish and a strip of duct tape.....Please send prayers for this egg! If it makes it..it will be my favorite now LOL

Has anyone ever had an egg hatch after being cracked?

Last edited:
I had the excact same thing happen. I just left it alone didnt seal the crack or anything. It did bleed a little and I really thought I had killed it but I didnt it hatched!

the fumes that are in the nail polish will kill whats in the egg
i have cracked eggs before as well and used candle wax

My very first hatch I drove over two hours one way to get the eggs and on day fourteen when I was candling the eggs, I dropped one on the floor. Needless to say, it didn`t make it to hatch. But I did get to see what a 14 day chickie looked like.

Oh, I hope the fumes didn't kill it. I am going to candle it tonight when I turn them. I left it out of the bator to dry and I blew on it trying to blow the fumes away....

Hope so anyways.....

Back
Top Bottom