OH NO OH NO!! I cracked an egg while turning! Help~ HAPPY UPDATE

Chicks_N_Horses

Songster
10 Years
Mar 30, 2009
South Alabama
OMGosh! I was turning my eggs this morning in the incubator and I dropped a cochin egg on my Lav. Orp. egg! It cracked!!!!! I am sick! It is a small indention crack about the size of a pea with tiny hair line cracks going away from the main indention crack. I immediatly took clear nail polish and painted over it. Nothing was oozing out. I am hoping I didn't rupture the membrane!

I only have 6 of Lesters eggs that made it and they are due to hatch this weekend. As of the night before they were wiggling like mad in the shell. I want these eggs to hatch more than any egg I have or will have....Please somone tell me that it will still hatch?????

he.gif
hit.gif

Last edited:
I am totally out of candles. None in the house anywhere. I only have nail polish? That won't work?

The DH may have some floor sealer that goes on hardwood floors.....should I try that?

I am fixing to upload a pic to show the crack.

010-11.jpg

009-6.jpg

Last edited:
Dang that is a HUGE crack! I wouldnt use floor sealer though. Im think for now it should be ok but I would worry about the chemicals and the smell, because of the whole 'eggs have pores' thing
idunno.gif
. Theres no way you could run to Walmart or somwhere?

Oh, no.....I think I am going to throw up....

I have some kind of scented wax stuff my MIL gave me a while back that you are suposed to put in a melter or something...IDK...I haven't used it yet because it is so strong smelling.

I am going to put another coat of nail polish on it....

I can't believe I did that. I have 2 other eggs from Lester that don't have any life in them that I have seen at all but I have left them in there because I have hope that by some miricle they will hatch too but noooooo I dropped an egg on one that had life in it....I can't believe this...I have been so careful with this batch of eggs.

Thanks for the advice and any more to come.....I guess I will know by this weekend if it makes it or not...I tried to candle but it is so far in development I can't see movement but I still saw veining.

hmm.png

Do we have duct tape or even wrapping tape for cartons...Make a small patch with it!Try something!

And the we must pray that the crack is not near the pip out. Hurry fix it and leave it be....

We're all with you. (Run to a neighbors and borrow a candle.) ANy store nearby?

Yes, I have to go to the tanning bed in a couple hrs so I will get some wax then and put a coat of wax over it too. My nail polish isn't too strong smelling....I let it dry outside of the bator before I stuck the egg back in.

Back
Top Bottom