Oh Sourland? A request

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
First off I need to tell you how very much I have enjoyed the broodies you have so graciously sent my way. Okay, two were too stupid to get the job done, but hey! you tried right? Even if Jethro and Ellie Mae are clueless little...at least Doe got it right. It brings joy to my heart every day watching her raise her chicks.

The thing is my dear broody magician friend, DH and I are finally planning our trip to Florida to see my dad. We'll be gone about a week and a half, at least. I am refusing to go until Doe's chicks are around five weeks old. I want to make sure everyone is settled and happy in that coop before I leave them in the care of my stepdaughter. Let's face it, I can barely depend on the girl to keep all the critters alive, let alone expect her to deal with a broody.

So, could you please hold off on sending me any more broodies until, say, the beginning of April? We'll be back by then and any future broodies will receive the care they deserve.

I know it's asking alot of you, but could you do it for me, just this once? Please?
fl.gif
bow.gif

Quote:
Sounds good to me. But once we get back I'd like half a dozen of em...one to raise bantam cochins, one to raise call ducks, one for more brahmas, and let's see....can a silkie brood geese?
lol.png

Quote:
Oh it scares me to death, but I have to go see my dad at least one more time. There's simply no one else around here to ask, since all our neighbors and friends have commercial chicken houses thus can't be around my backyard birds.
The last time we went away we had the younger daughter critter babysit, but that didn't work out so well. She was never here when we called, then a hurricane set in. We made it home hours before she showed up to close up the coops.
somad.gif

This time we've asked the older daughter. All I'm asking of her is to keep my animals alive and not destroy my house. Surely that's not too much to ask?

That week and a half time span is a little scarey. I have a pet care person who comes in to take care of my animals when the Princess and I go away. I also have two friends who check in periodically to make sure that everything is OK. Even with that, I am not comfortable until we get home and I check on everything. I will do my best to hold off on any more broodies for you.
yippiechickie.gif
do a little dance
yippiechickie.gif
n sing a little song
D.gif
walla
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
The GPS appears to be fixed so I don't think any that I am sending to others will end up in Arkansas. Although, sirbirdaholic (kingbird) has ordered several and I hope they don't become misidrected.
hide.gif
How is Impemu today? That's about how big he is going to become.
lau.gif
gig.gif
:lau

Back
Top Bottom