Oh the wait!!

amandawv

Songster
9 Years
May 2, 2014
My girls will be 20 weeks Sunday. My red sex link and my white rock squatted for me today when I pet them. Peep (white rock) squatted and stick her tail straight. They have also been singing the egg sound. Not really loud though. I am dying in anticipation here. How much longer do you'll think until I get an egg?

Not long, would be my guess!

At 20 weeks, I would make sure all your nest boxes are nice and comfy for them and then sit back and watch for signs.

Mine did a lot of in/out/in/out of the nest boxes, and even took the rooster in there to check them out!

They got bright red faces, and bright red, plump combs and wattles.

They also got really loud a day or two before their first eggs. Lots of squawking, screaming, and bok-bok-boking. And yes, they sang the egg song too!

I reckon you will be eating fresh eggs before you know it! I know the waiting is so hard though
big_smile.png

- Krista

Congrats!! All 5 of mine will be 20 weeks tomorrow. Only 1 is laying so far but I heard another sing the egg song yesterday and today anothers comb and wattles were looking pretty red so I am just waiting. The waiting is sooooo hard!!

I'm soooo impatient too. I swear I check on them every single hour every day!! I relax a little when my BA lays her egg for the day but there are still 4 others that I am waiting on so I do still check on them often!! Maybe when all 5 are all laying then I'll relax and just check a couple times a day but who knows how long that will take for all of them to be laying. I have 1 that doesn't even look close at all, she barely has a comb or wattles so it may be a long while for her.

Back
Top Bottom