OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Stevens21

Stevens21 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Mount Orab Ohio
    I can hide really well lol he works most of the week when they would be shipped. However I -know- my kids would tell on me in a heart beat! lol They are only 3 and 5 years old. My dad called me and said there is a swap in Maysville Ky this weekend. I need to call and get the details on that. Now that we we need anymore.. I have 22 outside.. 15 chicks and 25 eggs in the incubator and sadly if they hatch.. I am looking for some rare ones next =)

2. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    I told mine if they kept their mouths shut they could pick one to be theirs. That was Monday and so far they have been good. :D tomorrow I have to pick up the CCL eggs and I'm just acting surprised. Lol

I have 10 in my garage and I think 20 outside. Plus the 15 eggs sitting and the 14 on the way. I'm trying the dry incubation in the brinsea. My friend has good luck with it. The extras I don't keep are going to fund my next round of eggs. The next 3 breeds I'm looking for are the marans, isbars, and of course silkies. I found the marans and two people with silkies. Just waiting to hear back from somone on Facebook about the isbars. Guess I need to look into how to keep them separate.

3. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    Well, I have found some of all of my dream birds. Lol. I'm not going to be able to hide 15 new chicks from him. Lol at least I will have time to get him used to the idea because they are custom hatched. Ill have time to get some breeding pens set up for these. Here is what I will be adding: isbars, marans (a mixture), more CCLs, and lavender Americanas. Oh my my my. DH is gonna kill me ;)

4. Stevens21

Stevens21 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Mount Orab Ohio
    I just got some marans...but I don't know much about chicks. I ordered 6 Black Coppers (2 didn't make it) and 4 Blue Coppers the person I got them from also included a backup chick (which originally I thought was because she was being nice) I just want to make sure that these are blue coppers some of them have different beak colors.. is that normal? [​IMG]

5. CS Farm

CS Farm New Egg

Jun 6, 2013
    Hi I am with CF Farm. I am new to the forum. I raise blue and black copper marans along with my husband. They look like blue marans to me. are the under feathers yellow or blue? if they are blue they will be solid blue marans all of mine have a yellow underneath at first and the solid blue are all powder blue.

6. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    no need to get jealous, I share. as a matter of fact im starting to keep some of what breeds are laying, sorting to get breeder stock. I will have some pairs and trio's in fall. and im always open to egg trades. I think im going to set up and keep hatching all winter this year (as much as I can) for pullets and pairs in spring. just tell me what you want, ill do my best to get it together.

7. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    [​IMG]

do you have any blue copper chicks or eggs for sale (or trade)?

8. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    I will have to take you up on that. I have to save up for a bit to get my isbar chicks an the other shipped here from Texas as well as getting silkie eggs.
    I am new to the whole breeder pen thing. Can anyone explain the easiest and cheapest way to do this. I have a coop I'm going to use for my project but I will need pens for the isbars and ccls.

9. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    I have some ideas for you, but what is your plan for winter? will the birds be in the breeding pens or coop?

10. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012

Winter I'm not sure of. All my project birds will have their own coop. I thought about making breeding pens in the coop until I can make another coop. Like a large dog cage with a wooden top. I left room at one side of the coop to build another just for breeding but now with having 3 different ones I want to breed it makes it hard. My extra coop all depends on what we are going to do with our roo. I can't let him free range with the cockerels because as soon as they hit the juvinille stage he started attacking. My husband doesn't want to send him to freezer camp and I am waiting for the other to become his age so they have a fighting chance.

On the bright side of all my confusion, my ccl eggs made it to the post office and I'm just waiting for my phone call. :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by