OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012

Thank you. A CCL is a crested cream legbar. I fell in love with them when I saw the rooster. The hens lay blue eggs and thy are considered rare (but I see tons of eggs on here for sale.) greenfire farm sells them. I would up load a picture but I'm on my iPad and it doesn't let me.

My incubator is full to the max. I couldn't fit one more egg in it if I tried. Lol 29 squished in there total. Lol. The countdown begins. Love that I just turn the whole brinsea to turn the eggs. I don't have to open the incubator at all. Added my cream legbars this morning and not opening it again until next Friday or sat to candle. The temp has been constant since I plugged it in and I'm loving it. I keep telling myself 3 times a charm. I am really hoping I have enough I can sell some to get my isbar chicks and silkie eggs, well to help pay for them. My isbars are coming the first week in August.

2. OHfarmerswife

OHfarmerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    Troy, OH

welcome to the group lellies chicks!
    north of Dayton here.
    started with my first chickens a year ago last April, yes chickens are addicting

3. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    [​IMG]

I am from pike county. I am a fellow chicken addict.
    did you buy the chicks or hatch your own?

4. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    [​IMG] best of luck, I think youll do better this time around.

5. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    Thank you. If ican keep my hands out of the incubator ill be ok. Lol I have learned a lot and I think the dry hatching and combination humidity may help me out a lot.

Does anyone know if to ship to Ohio if the person has to be NPIP? The isbars aren't NPIP and she is willing to ship chicks but couldn't find out if Ohio requires it or not.

6. Stevens21

Stevens21 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Mount Orab Ohio
    It is very addicting! If you are anything like us you will want more breeds =) I am in Mount Orab so not far from you. What kind do you have in your flock now?

Does anyone have close happen to have a Polish hen? My husband only wants one because he likes the way it looks. Not sure if anyone can help me out with this or If I need to try to find some eggs next month.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  7. kcampbell453

kcampbell453 Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2013
    Ohio
    Hello Buckeyes!!! I'm new to BYC in fact, I'm new to chicken ownership too! I'm from Piqua, just a bit North of Dayton! Glad to see so many other Buckeyes out there!! Looking forward to learning more about chicken ownership and everyone here!!

8. kcampbell453

kcampbell453 Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2013
    Ohio
    Well hello! North of Dayton here too! Just starting with our first flock of chickens, planning on adding in a few more!! Glad to see someone close by!

9. OHfarmerswife

OHfarmerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    Troy, OH

hi from Troy, actually half way between Piqua & Troy.
    how many chickens & what breeds?

10. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    Welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by