OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012

At least they aren't extinct. Hopefully you will get them :) that would be amazing to help a breed come back from near extinction. Good luck!

2. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    After my DH freaked out about an incubator full of eggs we had a long talk today. I explained my plan on selling most of what is in my incubator and my next two breeds, the silkie eggs and isbars. He didn't say much. It did somehow end up in a conversation of my 6 year old showing and breeding quality silkies. We were given the green light. Only condition is half of the money goes for caring for them and the other half goes into a savings account for her. Same with any of the other kids who decide to breed or show. Works for me, I planned on just giving them half but the savings account works too. I had made this deal with them when we talked about them selling eggs at the farmers market. Hopefully this will help them learn about money, which for some reason my kids think grows on trees.

3. Rnbwbrite1207

Rnbwbrite1207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast Ohio
    Our Four year old is begging for ducks! DH says as soon as she digs a pond she can have them. The poor little thing spent an hour today digging a hole in the back yard.

4. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    so cute. so how long before she gets the ducks? [​IMG]

5. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    im still working on my flock of silkies, they aren't the greatest layers as you probably already know. but if there is anything I can do to help her along, just let me know.

I have an idea for you, im going to send you a pm.

6. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    Aw, too cute. I think she has earned the ducks ;)

7. Chickawawa

Chickawawa Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2012
    Tawawa, Ohio
    Hopefully getting another chicken coop tomorrow. I vaguely remember saying I was done getting more coops.

I guess it's a good thing I can admit when I'm wrong and be okay with it! LOL

8. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    when i started my barn i said it would be the last set of pens i was building. its still not done, and im thinking of adding to it and building another beside of it.

9. OHfarmerswife

OHfarmerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    Troy, OH

another victim of chicken math!!! Did you go to Ceasers creek?

10. blessedchick

blessedchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    What a great plan! Is there a 4-H or Cloverbuds (is that right??) group in your area that she could join when she's a bit older? Such a fabulous experience and awesome to teach her the value of money. Why can't I do that with my money? LOL!! And I will be happy to enable any silkie addiction...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by