OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Do you all think it will be ok to put my 4 week old chicks in the barn? Im a little ocd and they are flying all over my house and crapping every where. The barn doesn't have electricity but their heat lamp has been as far away as it can be for the past week.

Do you all think it will be ok to put my 4 week old chicks in the barn? Im a little ocd and they are flying all over my house and crapping every where. The barn doesn't have electricity but their heat lamp has been as far away as it can be for the past week.

I took the heat lamp away from mine at 4 weeks. If it was February weather it would be different.

zagutaja.jpg
py4apa2u.jpg

OhikiXfly tie @8 days. They can't even hold their wings properly cause they are feathering so fast.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh my you are tough. Mine went from the tile bathroom, which wasn't too too bad, to the garage at 3 weeks!!
lol my mud room floor wasn't happy about it or my body from scrubbing the floor daily! I hadn't takin them out yet because hubby and I had to finish up the barn and It was a bit nippy at night. Come Friday they are out the door.lol

Last edited:
My new mixed batch of 24 chicks in pens in barn yet. They will be 6 weeks may 12. Not all are fully feathered,2 of the Light Brahma. I hope to get both pens out beside my run a week later to start to transition. I think Fester and Lurch will be in for a shock. I will post new pics of my guys soon.

Welcome to the newbies! I haven't been on here for awhile...busy hatching and enjoying SPRING!!!

Champion Feed in Delaware is planning their swap for a weekend in June. I will find out the exact date and post it ASAP...

I'm just lovin' all the chick pix...can never get enough of those...
jumpy.gif

Same here! I haven't been on in over a week, and I've missed a lot! Looks like there are a lot chicks being hatched!! We just set up the maran breeding pen this past weekend. Hopefully we will start getting eggs soon as since we penned them, no eggs. I understand it takes about 5 weeks to get "pure" eggs, but I still want my eggs!
smile.png
Hope every ones spring is going wonderfully! Just to update on the fox issue. We did trap one. It was caught by the leg though, so DH had to shoot it. It had a dead hen with it!!!
somad.gif
It was one that escaped the coop on Monday. We had to leave it out, because we needed to get to work. Here is a pic of the fox.

And btw,
welcome-byc.gif
to all the new folks!

Ok, I know what I get if I breed a chocolate rooster over barred hens, what do I get if I breed a barred rooster over chocolate hens?

Back
Top Bottom