OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I haven't posted in a while, but I just hatched a few of my cream legbars and marans with a a lot better hatch rate then my last! (got the little brinsea!) One of my cream legbars hatched blind... (I helped it probably shouldn't have!) Do you think it will be okay?

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm sorry I've not been back on to respond sooner. It's been CRAZY around here. I still haven't managed to snap some pics but the birds in question are marked just like the Delaware in that last photo posted by broodymama2 but they have the small peacombs like the Sussex. They also have very yellow feet and aren't as filled out yet.
Also big shout out to Poultryqueen101. Your list was very helpful. We are just down the road (so to speak) in Jersy! I wish I could remember exactly when we got them but I do know it was before May, so not a broiler. And they were in the same batch that had the amberlinks. We got one of them ( I'm sure because my daughter named her Amber! Lol) I wonder if I popped in the mill one day if they might remember? Now that I'm thinking of it, thsts probably the smart thing to do. No wonder it took me a while to think of it!
1f60b.png

Delaware and Sussex both have single combs, although Sussex combs tend to be a bit shorter. Wyandottes have rose combs and Brahamas who come in the same color pattern have pea combs but generally have feathered legs and are big fluffy birds. Who knows, they could be a hybrid of some sort with a Columbian pattern. Let us know when you find out.

Hi, i live in Hubbard Ohio, in Trumbull county. I visited Dayton once on a church trip. I'm going to the Trumbull county fair next week to show my red ranger chicken Cricket and my pekin duck Angel. I have to take pictures to bring, though, because of the bird flu going around.
Well, ttyl!
Grace

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm sorry I've not been back on to respond sooner. It's been CRAZY around here. I still haven't managed to snap some pics but the birds in question are marked just like the Delaware in that last photo posted by broodymama2 but they have the small peacombs like the Sussex. They also have very yellow feet and aren't as filled out yet.
Also big shout out to Poultryqueen101. Your list was very helpful. We are just down the road (so to speak) in Jersy! I wish I could remember exactly when we got them but I do know it was before May, so not a broiler. And they were in the same batch that had the amberlinks. We got one of them ( I'm sure because my daughter named her Amber! Lol) I wonder if I popped in the mill one day if they might remember? Now that I'm thinking of it, thsts probably the smart thing to do. No wonder it took me a while to think of it!
1f60b.png
are you sure it is pea comb and not rose comb? Roscomb and patterned Columbian would be Wyandotte with yellow legs.

Well, while the sun was out briefly, I got pics of my dog kennel I converted into a coop.

And yes, It needs painted, inside and out.

Aflak is defending her pool...

Last edited:
are you sure it is pea comb and not rose comb? Roscomb and patterned Columbian would be Wyandotte with yellow legs.

I'm totally not sure if I named the comb right. I really am still a newbie and not nearly as knowledgeable as I should be. They just have the smallest type of comb. Whatever that one is.
1f600.png

I'm totally not sure if I named the comb right. I really am still a newbie and not nearly as knowledgeable as I should be. They just have the smallest type of comb. Whatever that one is.
1f600.png

Pea combs are a small row of bumps (kind of like peas in a row) while a rosecomb tends to be somewhat flat and wide. I would bet you have a Columbian Wyandotte.

Hi, i live in Hubbard Ohio, in Trumbull county. I visited Dayton once on a church trip. I'm going to the Trumbull county fair next week to show my red ranger chicken Cricket and my pekin duck Angel. I have to take pictures to bring, though, because of the bird flu going around.
Well, ttyl!
Grace

Pretty sure there is still a ban and showing poultry in Ohio to prevent the spread of Avian Influenza. You might want to check with the organizers of the county fair before showing up with your birds. Are you in the Junior Fair? I think that's the only one where you can show non breeds like a Red Ranger, unless there is a meat/utility category.

Pretty sure there is still a ban and showing poultry in Ohio to prevent the spread of Avian Influenza.  You might want to check with the organizers of the county fair before showing up with your birds.  Are you in the Junior Fair?  I think that's the only one where you can show non breeds like a Red Ranger, unless there is a meat/utility category.
I believe they said they have to take pictures to show inatead of the birds.

Well the coop has a roof. I am waiting to get stumps removed so it can be placed by the first coop. Now if only the rain would stop.

Back
Top Bottom