OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Pea combs are a small row of bumps (kind of like peas in a row) while a rosecomb tends to be somewhat flat and wide.  I would bet you have a Columbian Wyandotte.

I believe they are more like a pea comb. Just a tiny row of bumps. I'm going to have to take those pics soon. The one time I had my phone back there and thought about it, they all ran under the coop like they were camera shy!

This is one of my RIR girls. She has 2 of these sorta bald spots on her back over her hips. I don't see any creepy crawlers on her and the rest of my girls show no sign of feather loss. She is not laying eggs but was acting broody in a nest box. Her skin is never red or warm. Is she molting? I don't see anyone picking on her. If anything she's rather bossy. I wanted to make a dust bath for them inside but no dry dirt in sight. I did post elsewhere first but got no answer. Any help would be great. Thanks!!
hello, do you happen to have a rooster? This looks like typical rooster damage. Their spurs rip feathers apart when they mate. If you do not have any roosters and you've ruled out pecking, the only thing it could be is molting or she's pulling them herself. Are they broken or plucked?

Flying nun, do you have a roo in with the girls? If so, that's the sign this gal is his favorite...

Welcome Dracana.

Yes Autumn, that's what she chose. I called today to reserve one if they over hatched, but they wouldn't. So now we have to go and hope they are in the bin.

Does anybody know the cheapest place to get a small amount of injectable penicillin? I have a chick developing itchy runny eyes. It's not responding to sulfa drugs in the water.
Thanks.
I'm located west of Cleveland. I frequently travel from Sandusky to Cleveland, and Stow to Ashland. So anything within those areas is great for pick up.

hello, do you happen to have a rooster? This looks like typical rooster damage. Their spurs rip feathers apart when they mate. If you do not have any roosters and you've ruled out pecking, the only thing it could be is molting or she's pulling them herself. Are they broken or plucked?

I do not have a Roo but only got these girls about a month ago. The feathers look both broken and plucked. Could she be doing this because of the rehoming? I had guessed at a partial molt but she's not really losing other feathers. I'd just like her to be happy and healthy.

I do not have a Roo but only got these girls about a month ago. The feathers look both broken and plucked. Could she be doing this because of the rehoming? I had guessed at a partial molt but she's not really losing other feathers. I'd just like her to be happy and healthy.
I'm assuming she didn't look like that when you got her? If not is guess stress is causing it.

Does any here have or know of someone who does, coturnix quail? I'd like to get a few. Chicks or adults, it doesn't matter. If it's north of Rt 30 I would be able to pick them up. Thanks.

Does any here have or know of someone who does, coturnix quail? I'd like to get a few. Chicks or adults, it doesn't matter. If it's north of Rt 30 I would be able to pick them up. Thanks.

I set some quail eggs a few days ago for a fertility check so hopefully I'll have some. How many are you wanting?

I have less common colored coturnix. Will have eggs and chick's soon.

I have red tux, Texas A&M, rosetta, tibetan, dark range, and fawn.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom