OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Thanks!
celebrate.gif
I am a huge Star Wars nerd!

Dang, if it were even six weeks from now I'd have eggs :) Right now the few that are being laid are already spoken for. Have you checked Craigslist yet? Sometimes you can find folks with hatching eggs on there.

Thanks for the offer. I will have to keep you in mind for later. What breeds to you have? I did find someone on CL who will save me a dozen Barnevelders for that week, but i would really like about a dozen of another one or two breeds, just in case.

to get what you want we might have to mix it up a bit. im also sure im missing something when I make lists like this LOL. here is a list of what is laying right now.

large fowl
dark Cornish, dark/white laced red Cornish mix(can be separated), basque, silver phoenix, black australorps, buff orpingtons, white leghorns, Dominique, turkens, rhode island reds, white rocks, silver laced wyandottes. Im doing some beak trimming tomorrow, I may have some barred rocks and black copper French marans after the trim.

bantam fowl:
silver sebrite, white silkie, buff silkie, millie fleur d'uccle, black rosecomb, white leghorn, (cochin, black, buff, blue splash, blue over blue mottled), (old English bantam, fawn silver duckwing, fawn red, brassy back, brassy blue, lemon blue over sport hen, black breasted red, quail, red pyle {needs improved}, blue, self blue, white, black, silver duckwing) and partridge wyandottes (not sure if they are laying).

to get what you want we might have to mix it up a bit. im also sure im missing something when I make lists like this LOL. here is a list of what is laying right now.

large fowl
dark Cornish, dark/white laced red Cornish mix(can be separated), basque, silver phoenix, black australorps, buff orpingtons, white leghorns, Dominique, turkens, rhode island reds, white rocks, silver laced wyandottes. Im doing some beak trimming tomorrow, I may have some barred rocks and black copper French marans after the trim.

bantam fowl:
silver sebrite, white silkie, buff silkie, millie fleur d'uccle, black rosecomb, white leghorn, (cochin, black, buff, blue splash, blue over blue mottled), (old English bantam, fawn silver duckwing, fawn red, brassy back, brassy blue, lemon blue over sport hen, black breasted red, quail, red pyle {needs improved}, blue, self blue, white, black, silver duckwing) and partridge wyandottes (not sure if they are laying).

I would be interested in basques, laced cornish and maybe turkens. I will be in Columbus May 25-26. Do you think the eggs would be too old to set on June 5th?

I would be interested in basques, laced cornish and maybe turkens. I will be in Columbus May 25-26. Do you think the eggs would be too old to set on June 5th?
that is about the limit of what I would set, but they should be fine. I seen in another post that your looking for barnevelders. I just sold out my stock of double laced barnevelders b/c they weren't very good birds. the feather quality and such was awesome, but the loss on them was aweful.

its just my personal opinion but I think the barnevelder breed has been inbred a little to much. If I were to restart with the breed, I would probably cross a welsummer with silver laced Wyandotte, select to straight combs and lace patterns then breed to barnvelders for one generation.

I didn't expect the basque to be such good layers, I can let a few eggs go. because of the cost of the parent stock the eggs will be one of my more expensive eggs at $4.00 each. ill give you first chance at them, and I will only let a dozen or so go.
I will separate out the white laced Cornish, thanks to a mink that is just a pair breeding. what eggs I can get for you will be $1.00
on the turkens, again its just a pair mating, but she is one of my best layers. I should have a few eggs for them. they are also very fertile.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom