OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

welcome-byc.gif
MICK!! Sounds like the perfect life to me! I'm up here in the Marengo/Cardington area!

Thanks much,, it beats city life by leaps and bounds. Doing a lot of net surfing to make sure I can tackle the project and keep the birds safe at the same time. I think the grandkids will love it as well as the nephews and nieces who visit. I thought my friends had lost it naming the birds and all but I can see the attraction already , looking at maybe 6 hens for eggs and good temperament as pets.

Again , any and all tips, tricks and info is greatly appreciated. I have to go visit the friends to check out their coops and birds , best to learn from others mistakes as I am pretty good at that part already :)

Anyone near Cambridge / Zanesville / St Clairsville / Dover areas give me a shout !

Mick

Berea used to be like where I am now . How times have changed ! Hold onto that dream, many land companies out here , Bruner Land Co , Ohio Land 4 U , and they also do land contracts.

I came out to look at my sisters new log cabin and fell in love with the area. Main city Cambridge is 15-20 minutes away and that suits us just fine.

Living the life , mowing the grass, plowing the snow, building the garden , and now onto the birds !! Always wanted a pond as well but I never priced it out. As they say , if you have to ask you probably can't afford it :) .

Peace !

Thanks much,, it beats city life by leaps and bounds. Doing a lot of net surfing to make sure I can tackle the project and keep the birds safe at the same time. I think the grandkids will love it as well as the nephews and nieces who visit. I thought my friends had lost it naming the birds and all but I can see the attraction already , looking at maybe 6 hens for eggs and good temperament as pets. 

Again , any and all tips, tricks and info is greatly appreciated. I have to go visit the friends to check out their coops and birds , best to learn from others mistakes as I am pretty good at that part already :)

Anyone near Cambridge / Zanesville / St Clairsville  / Dover areas give me a shout !

Mick

My parents are in claysville :) should be close to you

This is about the fight of a 5yr old girl to keep her beloved silkie roo Dallas in a tiny farm/agriculteral UN-incorperated town in Dufur, OR.

OK ALL YOU OHIO PEEPS...PLEASE READ THIS AND SIGN THE PETITION .
I AM THE SELF APPOINTED CHEERLEADER FOR THIS CAUSE!.

AFTER YOU READ AND SIGN PLEASE SEND IT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

EVEN BETTER; SEND AN EMAIL TO DUFUR CITY COUNCIL!

.LETS LET THIS TINY TOWN OF DUFUR, OR. KNOW THAT AMERICA IS WATCHING THEM!

Thank you kindly......

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/974/870/400/saving-dallas-the-rooster/

https://www.facebook.com/savingdallastherooster

Im getting ready to get me new chick for this year any recommended breeds? This is my second year with chickens and right now i have 3 Easter eggs and love them but want to add some diversity to the coop.
What are your goals?

If you want brown eggs, I'd recommend Golden comets from Meyer or Mt. Healthy or else Golden buffs from Eagle's Nest.They are all laying machines and they are fairly small hens for the jumbo size eggs they lay.

If you want white eggs, Meyer and Eagle's Nest both have Leghorns for decent prices.

If you want meat and eggs, I'd recommend Buckeyes since they were bred to be dual purpose. Nice 4-5# cockerels at 20 weeks and pullets start laying nice brown eggs at 22 weeks. Plus, they are very docile and easy to get along with, unlike some of the more flighty breeds.

Hello everyone. I had a thought & I figured I'd put it out there. I ordered the vaccine for Marek's today and it should be here some time this week. I was wondering if anyone would like to share the vaccine / cost with me. I just didn't want to waste the rest of it since I don't need the entire thing (1000 doses). I understand it needs to be used within 2 hours of mixing and needs to be kept cold that's why im asking well in advance. I'm in Cleveland & would be willing to meet part of the way. PM me if you're interested.

Something has been eating a lot of my chickens here lately, I thought I would look on here first. As of right now I am hoping to find a young Blue Copper Marans Rooster for my girls I have one laying right now the other should be soon I hope. Just hoping not to have to go too far to get him.

I know these aren't chickens, but.....
wink.png

I have one remaining pair of mute swan juvies for sale. May 31, 2013 hatch date, DNA sexed, regular deworming and spoiled rotten! My adult male is starting to get pushy towards them so it is time for them to find a pond of their own. Please PM me for details...

Back
Top Bottom