OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

OHhappychicks if you can go to Ohio national or any national meet you more than likely can find good JG, I follow JG thread for that especially.If I remember correctly JG roos can get close to 3' tall. They were breed for a substitute for turkeys on the table. Big gentle birds over 10lbs and feet bottoms should be yellow.

Last edited:
Our barred rocks are 8 weeks now. They spent their first night in their coup. What a relief! It's an old corn crib the we have converted. We still need nesting boxes, but other than that it seems to be working just fine. :)

Hi peeps! I am just north and east of Cincinnati by stonelick lake. My grandparents had chickens so hey, it's in my genes. I bought six little peepers, bought a paw...something coup with a area below it and on both sides that is wired in for them to sun. It has little square wire on it, but there are prediters out here in the woods so I've reinforced with tiny square wire and chicken wire. No fingers are going to get in there! Anyway, I'm still buildingtis thing but I took a break to see about the temp. For my brood. I bought a baby monitor so I van hear them but at the moment, they are in my bathroom. I will post pics later on. For now, hopefully I have it under control.
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
and to the Ohio thread! I'm not too far from you. Congrats on the new peeps and good luck with the coop!!

OHhappychicks if you can go to Ohio national or any national meet you more than likely can find good JG, I follow JG thread for that especially.If I remember correctly JG roos can get close to 3' tall. They were breed for a substitute for turkeys on the table. Big gentle birds over 10lbs and feet bottoms should be yellow.
Thanks for that info cabinchicky!! I would love to go to the Ohio National sometime. Just to look and see what is out there. When is the Oh Nat'l?

Well i got the call today from cackle hatchery,my 16 jersey giants ship out monday and will be at my post office on wednesday.i will keep everyone updated on how they arrive.and condition of the little guys
D.gif
so far i give them a thumbs up.I just placed the order two days ago.

I do not know when Ohio National is this year. it was held in Oct. last year. I am sure there is a website. I am working all weekend and on my mobile burning data. :)

anyone in Ohio needing any call ducklings or Pomeranian geese I have a few to spare. Also will have some Dutch bantams a little on. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom