OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I posted a couple pages ago but it got buried so I'm going to try again.

Hi! I just joined last week and have 6 baby chicks I picked up before Easter. I'm living out in Wadsworth Township and was wondering if there were any other chicken people in that area. More specifically ones that do breeding and could possibly pick up new chicks. Or any meets/swaps etc?

I posted a couple pages ago but it got buried so I'm going to try again.

Hi! I just joined last week and have 6 baby chicks I picked up before Easter. I'm living out in Wadsworth Township and was wondering if there were any other chicken people in that area. More specifically ones that do breeding and could possibly pick up new chicks. Or any meets/swaps etc?
Hi, I had to think of where Wadsworth was. We're a county over from you, but you're pretty close to Akron folks too. Sunnyside Up Micro-Farm is about 37 mins from you http://www.sunnysideupmicrofarm.com/our_chickens.html they have some beautiful breeds and you can look on their website and FB page to see what shows and swaps they go to. I saw some of their chickens at the Eastern Ohio Poultry Show and love their Silver Penciled Rocks. The Tractor Supply in Medina has/d a monthly animal swap that I went to last summer, didn't actually get into the swap as a guy offered to take our young Buckeye off my hands at the front of the store and I felt too emotional after that so I just drove home. Anywho welcome to BYC and the Ohio thread and best of luck in your chicken keeping. What breed(s) did you get?

Thanks for the reply @autumnhearth and thanks for the info on sunnysideup.

I picked up my chicks on the 3rd at S&K sales in Garrettsville since they had breeds I was interested in. They didn't have all of what they advertised as they said the hatchery cancelled one of their orders but still enough to make the drive worth it. I currently have 2 dominques, 2 black australorps and 2 gold laced wyandottes. They have all been named (just a few days ago) and we are starting to social them.

I don't have any current needs of getting more peeps but was looking for the info just in case an accidental death or chicken math occurs. That and since I'm new to chickens any socializing setting might be an advantage.

We've been keeping busy here. Been hatching out some lav orps and turkey poults. Finally got my ducks situated so I'll be putting some of their eggs in the incubator soon as well. And my geese are sitting on a nest of 7 eggs. Lots of babies here!

Also looking to sell our extra American buff ganders if anyone wants one or two or three. :)

Last edited:
Strasburg Ohio here.........good to see all the buckeyes in here! We are just getting out of a small chicken hatchery and going to all ducks. The wife hasn't slept for over 4 years 'caus the roosters start at about 3am....lol

I told her drakes don't crow and she was sold!
lau.gif

Strasburg Ohio here.........good to see all the buckeyes in here! We are just getting out of a small chicken hatchery and going to all ducks. The wife hasn't slept for over 4 years 'caus the roosters start at about 3am....lol

I told her drakes don't crow and she was sold!   :lau

You forgot to tell her how loud the females are & that they also sound off in the middle of the night when disturbed...lol

Back
Top Bottom