OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I'm looking to buy laying pullets/young hens, if anyone knows where I can find some. I'd like to find 15-30, breed doesnt matter as long they are LF. I have more demand for eggs than I can fill. Cost of birds matters. Ohio only.

I have chicks & juveniles ranging 2 weeks to 3 months. I'm sure I can find plenty of pullets in there. Located in Lewisville, Oh. PM me if interested.

Well this year is being hard on my flock. Have lost 4 hens now , 2 of my 2 yr olds and 2 1 yr old Brahmas. All for mixed reasons passed on. One had a massive fight with my roo, she had identity issues and would crow. One we think choked on weeds free ranging. One had to be put down from a broken hip and the second brahma had an egg break internally.Plus I rehome 3 very ornery wyndotts. Hope the rest of the year is uneventful. Prayers and fingers and toes are crossed.

Last edited:
Well this year is being hard on my flock. Have lost 4 hens now , 2 of my 2 yr olds and 2 1 yr old Brahmas. All for mixed reasons passed on. One had a massive fight with my roo, she had identity issues and would crow. One we think choked on weeds free ranging. One had to be put down from a broken hip and the second brahma had an egg break internally.Plus I rehome 3 very ornery wyndotts. Hope the rest of the year is uneventful. Prayers and fingers and toes are crossed.

So sorry to hear of your tough summer. Can be pretty discouraging. I've lost a couple too including a 5 week old BCM chick hatched by my bantam Orp for no apparent reason. Not to mention four of the remaining five appear to be cockerels. Sigh.
But I am looking forward to my fun babies starting to lay soon--love the CCL's and their a my mohawks and the rest--kind of takes my mind off the sad side as I'm burying a baby. Hope you have some bright spots to look forward to:...

Thank you DelcoChix, yes bright spot is the 4 LF Cochins, 4 mo. old and their new coop. Which we still need to install the run, hard to do when we work opposite shifts and over on weekends. Going to be fun teaching them to use a ramp again. So want to see my males actions with a fence between them.

Hello! I have a very determined broody hen who has been sitting on 4 wooden eggs for the past 5 days. I just butchered my rooster a few months ago so I don't have access to any fertile eggs. I was just wondering if anyone had 6 hatching eggs that I could purchase. I am not picky on the breed. I have always wanted to watch a hen hatch and raise chicks but I have never had the opportunity because I have never had a hen go broody before. Thanks!

Hello! I have a very determined broody hen who has been sitting on 4 wooden eggs for the past 5 days. I just butchered my rooster a few months ago so I don't have access to any fertile eggs. I was just wondering if anyone had 6 hatching eggs that I could purchase. I am not picky on the breed. I have always wanted to watch a hen hatch and raise chicks but I have never had the opportunity because I have never had a hen go broody before. Thanks!
where I'm Ohio are you? I'm in Adams County and I have a ton!

Back
Top Bottom