OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Well the new coop has been broken in. Youngsters are in it. Have some more work to do inside and wire it up. No ceiling fan found, but I have a small barn fan running in there to keep them cool. Now to tackle fence and shore up around the bottom. I will post pictures tomorrow if I do not get sidetracked. PVC feeder to make too.

Well the new coop has been broken in. Youngsters are in it. Have some more work to do inside and wire it up. No ceiling fan found, but I have a small barn fan running in there to keep them cool. Now to tackle fence and shore up around the bottom. I will post pictures tomorrow if I do not get sidetracked. PVC feeder to make too.
:ya

What color cochins are you going.to be raising? Large fowl or bantam?

Last edited:
Minihorse, I have all LF Cochin.So far I have one blue hen from Meyers Hatchery that is a yr. old.Then I have a splash pullet, blue pullet, blue male and a black male(leg issue) from S&C .They are mixed age group. Love big birds, have3 Light Brahmas in original coop. Bantam Cochins are cute but I haven't gotten any yet. My friend and I went to get these new ones together and we are going to let them hatch next year then share chicks if need to. She is new to LF and her blue male is huge but a big baby. Her Black Bantam male rules. Her bantam pair came from S&C too. Such great birds they have.

Minihorse, on the bantams friend has ,black, black mottled, brown mottled. She wanted a blue but hey did not have any in bantam. We may go back there soon and look over more stock. Their birds are so big and gorgeous!S&C carry mostly LF Cochin but have seabrights, quail, bantam cochin and a few others I can't remember. If you get up towards Celina Oh pls look it up. My jaw dropped walking in there.

Cochin pen, 8.5 ftx 10 ft.With my youngsters homing in it.

Quote:
Hi Spartan. That's great! Thanks for your interest. The chicks are actually going quickly, and discounting those that are pending I'll have about 3-4 left. Let me know if you and your friend are interested.

Hi Spartan. That's great! Thanks for your interest. The chicks are actually going quickly, and discounting those that are pending I'll have about 3-4 left. Let me know if you and your friend are interested. 

Hello Deckduck,
Thanks for the reply, she found some Marans yesterday from the closely town and purchased them, we are good. Good luck with school stuff.

Back
Top Bottom