OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Just got a new roo. $25 for 8 month old GreenFire Farm roo from ordered chicks. Guy from my old neighborhood raised him. Too many roos. Black Copper Marans. He's a bit ticked at me for giving him a bath and putting that "no crow" collar on him...

Last edited:
Pic from two days ago. Your view is from inside the Cochin pen 7x10 looking north. On the right will be a broody pen 3x4.5 then in the corner two ft off the floor will go hutch type pens for quail or chicks.Then the left corner is where I plan to build a two level brooder. The remaining space will be storage and maybe a counter space if I can get the guys to get it out of our barn rafters. Hope to get the big pen done n move chicks in by sunday.Wish me luck! Learning how to use power tools as I go, circular saw does not like me. Like a bad rooster it is.

Last edited:
Wooo Hoooo !!! After a year and half off from chickens...My new group just started laying!!!! I have 2 black sexlinks and 8 brown sexlinks...I got 4 small eggs this morning!!!! Yipee!!! No more store bought,no taste ,over priced eggs!!!! Way to go girls!!!!! kevin

I cant wait to start getting eggs again from pullets I've grown, only have 3 bantam polish that lay, usually only get up to one egg a day.
My favorite brahma pullet is getting close to lay, her pelvic bones are about 2.5 fingers wide, and her comb is really red, so its just a matter of time.

And we just completed the coop for our 3 welsh harlequin ducks, supposed to be two females and one male, but we will see, their voises are just starting to change.

We still have divide our run into a couple more pens, 3 more, we have one more coop built, and have to build two more, and then all my pens will finally be ready. Going to have 7 pens total, and then a shed for my show birds.

I'm near Dayton Ohio, anyone have coturnix quail for saile? either chicks or adults? I have 5 now and that's just not enough. lol.

I'm near Dayton Ohio, anyone have coturnix quail for saile? either chicks or adults?  I have 5 now and that's just not enough. lol.  
I have hatching eggs shortly available and chick's in a couple weeks. Located in southern ohio about 1hr 45mins away. I could ship them overnight cheaper than gas probably.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom