OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I understand not having room I had to wait until I could talk the husband and his buddies into coop 2 build. coop 1 is 8'x12', I told em it was 4 ft too narrow for my plans. Can't really build pen and separate space for storage or a small pen for injury. So coop 2, I worked many 12 hour days to make a good fund up for it and got a 10'x16' coop for it. Pen for 15, one for a pair, room for storage and room for a triple tier brooder. Plus a add on to my run.It takes time just hang in there. Just ry to make it as secure as you can is the main point. Oh and I have rare coops, log cabins from landscape timbers. Yeah we went full chicken crazy, but they had to match our cabin per my husband.

awww I want them. Not sure if hubby would go for it. Do you usually hatch the Marans this time of yr or even earlier? How much do you want?

I am asking $15 per chick for the Swedish Flower Hens. I am hatching the Blue Splash Marans but only have 1 hen at present that lays a really dark egg so hatched are small. I am asking $10 per chicks for the Marans.

Just curious if anybody made it to the Chillicothe or Caesar Creek swaps this weekend ? Had family in from out of state and did not get to either.

I am asking $15 per chick for the Swedish Flower Hens. I am hatching the Blue Splash Marans but only have 1 hen at present that lays a really dark egg so hatched are small. I am asking $10 per chicks for the Marans.

Definitely a thought. Are they st run or can I get female? Do you usually have them hatching? I'll ask husband

I'm in the Chardon area, too. Just starting this fun adventure!
welcome-byc.gif
Do you have chicks yet, or are you just starting to look?

I already have 6 6-week-old chicks (golden sex-link) and have ordered 6 more (Rhode Island reds, Easter Eggers, and surprise) from Meyer Hatchery; the new chicks are due later this month. We are finishing up our coop...if this crazy Ohio weather would just settle down a bit.

I already have 6 6-week-old chicks (golden sex-link) and have ordered 6 more (Rhode Island reds, Easter Eggers, and surprise) from Meyer Hatchery; the new chicks are due later this month. We are finishing up our coop...if this crazy Ohio weather would just settle down a bit.

Then you are well on your way. Yes, the weather needs to turn to spring and stay there.

I'm in Milford,east of Cincinnati. I have 15 7 week old pullets. 1 EE, 1 Australorp, 1 lite Brahma, 1 Buff Brahma, 1 white Plymouth Rock, 1 RIR, 1 Production Red, 1 New Hampshire, 2 Silver laced Wyandottes, 2 Golden Comets, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 Speckled Sussex. Love the advice and info on BYC.

Back
Top Bottom