OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

ToniTalley I am on the same thought wave as you. Tarps removed from the sides of the run and one put on the top right in the middle to shade them until the trees leaf out.Currently waiting for my brooder plates to arrive so I can move chicks to my new brooder and then switch the quail to it as well. The pen they are in is the large brood pen for chicks. Think I am going to make another pen but up off the floor so I keep some floor space to stowe a few things. Want to add a roost in my run for my guineas way up but not so they can be pulled through the top of the run. Where's the drill and tape measure? Time to walk back to find a dropped tree limb too.

No need to apologize! Like you said in your original response I'm looking to get rid of eggs because I have so many. People ask what I charge and I haven't charged anyone. But if more people are interested I wanted to have an idea what to sell for or if I even could sell.

Where I used to work, I sold all my eggs $2.50 dozen. I now work at a bank with 3 other people. I have eggs coming out my ears:D. We have 120+ chickens. Anyways, I will never let my eggs go to waste. I used to cook up omlets for the dog & freeze them for days we don't get so many eggs.

Then I contacted a local church food pantry. They are so appreciative for the donations. One of the ladies told me sometimes that is the only protein they can offer for the families. There is a wonderful sense of pride when I make breakfast Sunday morning knowing that many other families are also enjoying our girls' eggs.

Then I contacted a local church food pantry. They are so appreciative for the donations. One of the ladies told me sometimes that is the only protein they can offer for the families. There is a wonderful sense of pride when I make breakfast Sunday morning knowing that many other families are also enjoying our girls' eggs.
that is awesome to help out those who need it most

Moved the chicks into my brooder. Quail will be moved tomorrow, I have homework to do.

Anyone Interested in a May Hatch A Long the thread has started

Land of the Free

Because of the brave!

May 2016 Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by, Mike & Sally

x4pBI1yPsT5GRgmRIpLgZ4PL-mxQQN4GohCMuDHqCThEYQR_Aohiq98SBT1dE7fx2K--f8IIqzORlUqjEgcyn1tbObBWN3_r6sZ94j__8u5h9DNUxiF5b7Od-OfH9pl8IuMmN9CO

Have Eggs in the incubator/s or under hens

ANYTIME

in MAY, 2016 to join us!

To join us simply post in the thread and say hello and what you plan on hatching!

We are certain you will find new friends, excellent incubation help,

laughter fun and a few Cool New Contests along the way!

COOL New CONTESTS

w/ fantastic Prizes donated by…

i-kDcTPGfk1qTz7wqbYaWDF1SVWWLyDeZPfnT6Qq5WhIQQDYaFjgup8RJ1NafnbTG0JCGEDNCWpaTS7SrthAevspyg49BCYFZ6_ntlcBCR_Norca-Torkt_te3b1P2wJ-1QeZK0w

Remembering Our Fallen

Random Drawing to be chosen from the stories.

If the winner doesn’t want a coop $250 MPC credit.

Poultry Shaming Photo Contest

Show your Stripes! Patriotic Poultry

Patriotic Party! Red, White & Blue Recipe/Photo Contest

Shouldered Poultry Photo Contest!

Poultry in Nature! Photo Contest

Natural Eggs & Flowers Photo Contest!

ALL BYC RULES APPLY

If you have a question just post it on the thread!

Where I used to work, I sold all my eggs $2.50 dozen. I now work at a bank with 3 other people. I have eggs coming out my ears:D. We have 120+ chickens. Anyways, I will never let my eggs go to waste. I used to cook up omlets for the dog & freeze them for days we don't get so many eggs.

This is inspiring! Imagine how much better this world would be if every chicken keeper donated extra eggs to people in need. Giving them is just plain fun, PLUS, you know you're feeding people eggs that are infinitely superior to the ones in the store.

Back
Top Bottom