OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

lol. You're getting as bad as me with the egg setting!

Wanted to share this here also as I thought this picture turned out wonderfully!

WOW! That's fabulous! I love it!
love.gif
Seriously, that's a beautiful pic.

By the way, I am trying very hard not to be too optimistic about my chocolate orpington eggs, but day 7 candle was great last Friday! 12 of 14 developing beautifully!! I did give 4 to my broody chocolate, so I hope she takes good care of them. And if she hatches those 4, I can hopefully hatch the other 8, and she can raise them all!
big_smile.png

Hello Mini! Long time no see on here! Yes I know you are very busy. Hope you are well and everything's been good for you.I hope to post pics for you to see my first quail hatch over the coming weekend. Have 50 in my bator due to start next Sunday and go all week long hopefully. Yeah, I went and added to them for 7 days.
lol. You're getting as bad as me with the egg setting!

Wanted to share this here also as I thought this picture turned out wonderfully!

Well I have set em but only have had 4 hatch so far, lately. Hope I have it figured out now. Check and recheck it again. If I don't get a good hatch from it soon it will be used as target practice.
Is that one of yours? Beautiful!

Last edited:
Well I have set em but only have had 4 hatch so far, lately. Hope I have it figured out now. Check and recheck it again. If I don't get a good hatch from it soon it will be used as target practice.
Is that one of yours? Beautiful!
yes, that's my 2 year old drake. He's a ham.

I've had some rough hatches with the quail this year. Still haven't figured it out

Ugh- We planned on waiting until spring to take the chicken leap but now we don't want to wait. The suspense may very well kill us. Anyone have pullets available in NE Ohio NOW??

Hello everyone. I have been a farmer for 52 years and have chickens most of that time; however, I must say that none of my chickens ever lived such a lavish lifestyle as some of the coops and runs I have seen here in the BYC...lol I live just South of Mount Vernon, Ohio in Utica...Knox County Line with Licking.
Here is my attempt at a new coop. I have since added nesting boxes, finished the roof and the 32 ft run...completely predator proof as I have 2 fox dens just across my pond...:)

I currently have 23 (what I thought were pullets) I ordered from Cackle Hatchery. I paid for the sexting to ensure this was the case. Well, in their effort to minimize loss during shipping by adding 4 extras to my order free of charge left me with 3 cockrels. They are now about 13 weeks old and I was sort of suspicious about a week ago when I thought I heard a dying rabbit...turns out it was one of them learning how to crow. I have 1 RIR and 1 Dark Red and White Easter Egger roosters that I would like to give away. Please email me at [email protected] if interested for your home flock.

Dennis

Hello everyone. I have been a farmer for 52 years and have chickens most of that time; however, I must say that none of my chickens ever lived such a lavish lifestyle as some of the coops and runs I have seen here in the BYC...lol I live just South of Mount Vernon, Ohio in Utica...Knox County Line with Licking.
Here is my attempt at a new coop. I have since added nesting boxes, finished the roof and the 32 ft run...completely predator proof as I have 2 fox dens just across my pond...:)

I currently have 23 (what I thought were pullets) I ordered from Cackle Hatchery. I paid for the sexting to ensure this was the case. Well, in their effort to minimize loss during shipping by adding 4 extras to my order free of charge left me with 3 cockrels. They are now about 13 weeks old and I was sort of suspicious about a week ago when I thought I heard a dying rabbit...turns out it was one of them learning how to crow. I have 1 RIR and 1 Dark Red and White Easter Egger roosters that I would like to give away. Please email me at [email protected] if interested for your home flock.

Dennis

heard a dying rabbit.
lau.gif

And that looks to be a pretty lavish coop, if you ask me
big_smile.png

Good luck rehoming your cockerels. Sorry they stuck you with those, but they seem to like to do that!

I'm sorry! Yes, call Happy Trails, I adopted a horse from them years ago, great place. They will check out your place though, I used to do that for them. Or contact your local poultry 4-H group.

Back
Top Bottom