OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hi, a Canton person and first time (hopefully soon) chicken owner here. Anyone else finding owning meat birds and getting them butchered to be a real pain to do in ohio without driving a zillion miles?

Hi, a Canton person and first time (hopefully soon) chicken owner here. Anyone else finding owning meat birds and getting them butchered to be a real pain to do in ohio without driving a zillion miles?
I've got someone local to do mine, of course I live in amish county and there are tons of people to do it

Mini I thought about checking to see if the Amish will do it. How much do they charge?
the guy doing mine now isn't amish but typical price is $3 per bird left whole.

I do my own here if I've got 5 or so. Anything over 10 I send. I just don't have enough time to butcher that many

Hello! Newbie from New Albany (technically). On the Franklin County side of the Franklin/licking boarder. Haven't gotten my coop or chicks yet, but the coop will arrive on 3/6! Super excited for the new journey of chicken raising and gaining more knowledge from the forums!

Hello! Newbie from New Albany (technically). On the Franklin County side of the Franklin/licking boarder. Haven't gotten my coop or chicks yet, but the coop will arrive on 3/6! Super excited for the new journey of chicken raising and gaining more knowledge from the forums!

Welcome to Ohio Thread!!!!

Welcome to the group! You are going to fall in love with your chickens. :)
How many/what are you gonna get??

I was hoping this forum could help me with this part. I know we're getting 3, it's my favorite number, and I good starting point in my opinion.
We also know that we want egg layers, these chickens will NOT be eaten (Fiancé was pretty set on that lol)

What have you buckeyes had the best experience with in our climate (central Ohio)? Also, we want ones that are known to be friendly, as we have 4 kiddos between 6 and 14 between us.

Thanks for the welcome and in advance of your opinions.

Back
Top Bottom