OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

lol i would come but i live in a small town and only been to Columbus once when i was a kid and im scared to drive there
hit.gif

Hello everyone! I am in Baltimore, OH. right on the border of Pickerington. This is only my second post. I have to thank all of BYC's members for all of the info that I have obtained on this site. It is so reassuring to know that when I have a question or worry, I can come to the site and find the answer. Being a first time chicken owner, I have referred to the site often. My chicken love affair started when a friend of my husband's had a rooster given to him that fought with the rooster he already had. My husband brought it home to me and the rest is history. I am sure you can relate. I had my husband make a coop and promised my rooster, CB ( a beautiful buff orp.), that I would get him a family. I purchased what I thought were 4 pullets, turned out to be 1 pullet (barred rock), 2 cockerels (1 light,1 dark brahma), and since a neighbors stray dog got to the other, that sex will never be known. What luck I have. I know I will probably have to do something, because I have too many males. So far they are doing well, only minimal pecking. I plan on getting more pullets when the weather gets warmer. My little girl, Audrey, laid her first egg today and I am so proud and excited. I wanted to share this with you because I know that you will be able to share the joy and excitement. When I told my non-chicken-owner friends about the first egg, they could only feign interest.
Thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom