OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I have Wheaten Maran chicks hatching RIGHT NOW! Not sure how successful it will be, but I'll be selling the extras after I pick out two girls for myself. May keep a boy for a house chicken, not sure. Supposing I can sex them as easily as others I've hatched out. One is out already! Several others pipped. 15 of 24 went into lockdown. I've never gotten a great hatch from shipped eggs, but I bought these at Lucasville and drove them home. It's weird to think I might get more than 3 chicks!

Yeah last time I got 2 of 24 for Marans, both girls luckily. 3 of 4 Golden Lakenvelders that were bonus eggs, none of the 24 I actually ordered hatched for the Wheaten Penedesenca or Light Brahma.

Same with ducks, 6 ordered eggs, got one female (even after trying with replacements, great seller!) but all 3 of local "test" eggs I set hatched that incubated with the shipped eggs. Never any issues with local eggs.

Now I just need to figure out how far I'm willing to drive for eggs I REALLY want!

Hi,

My name is Susan and I am located in Marion County. I currently have a mixed backyard flock. A columbian wyandotte, some gold comets, some americaunas and some red chickens that may be RIR or new hampshire.

I just found out about Russian Orloffs and I think I might want to get some. Does anyone know of any sources?

Nice to 'meet' everyone!

Susan

:yiipchicknice to meet you all, we are from lake county ohio so far we have 12 - 6 white leg horns , and 6 red sexlink all about 2 months old .supose to be females we hope . i never checked when they were chicks . i dont think i know how to tell i look forward to hearing all the stories and being able to tell some are self's . have a great day

Hi everyone,
We live just outside of Toledo and raise mostly silver laced wyandotte bantams. My daughter has them for 4-H and they come from a good breeding stock. If anyone is interested, just let us know, we are always looking to break out the incubator and hatch a few more
smile.png

hello from the toledo area, glad to be part of the flock....I didnt go thru all the pages to see how many toledo area neighbors I have but Im sure there are a few.

Jeff/ Kristen

Hello Ohio peeps. I will be visiting from NJ next week and we are going to "surprise" my mom with chickens for her 50th birthday. Is there anyone in the North Central Ohio area that will have young chicks available? I would like to be able to driver her out to pick out two or three. Thanks

funonahonda
i see your in central ohio. meyer hatchery is near ashland ohio. i just picked up 2 barred rock chicks today.
and by strausburg ohio there is a farm selling barred rock hens for 6 bucks each.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom