OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

OMG, when I first read this, I thought, NO WAY 27 Adult CHICKENS, this person must be going CRAZY... Now that I see it's baby chicks, WHEW what a relief. LOL... Very nice SET UP.. I love it...

So many Activities

LOL! Although it's scary -- that picture is two weeks old. Now, at six weeks of age, they are really crowding that grow-out cage! Luckily there should be a horse stall coming open this weekend out in the barn, so they can move outside :) And then I can start the process all over again!
celebrate.gif

Oh, and on the going crazy -- I plead the fifth
wink.png

Last edited:
Y'all know you can raise chicks this time of year in a garage or barn and they won't die? I raised 100 or so last year through the winter. They love the heat lamp for about 4 weeks or so and then their God given coat protects them.

Hi 12lilfeet! Welcome to the group! I'm a newbie too and have found this forum and the people to be so helpful! Hope you will find the same and good luck with your chicks! Hope to see your post in "First Eggs" soon!

All best!

Y'all know you can raise chicks this time of year in a garage or barn and they won't die? I raised 100 or so last year through the winter. They love the heat lamp for about 4 weeks or so and then their God given coat protects them.

I know :) The problem is, I'm all out of coop room till this weekend! Otherwise they would've been outside weeks ago.

Hi guys! Wanted to do two things here: First, I am looking for a sweet hen that will get HUGE, or already is. Orpington (nice cause it looks big) or Jersey Giant, or ??? I am in NE Ohio in North Ridgeville, west side of Cleveland. I will be travelling to the Ohio Nationals Saturday, so I will be headed down to Columbus.

Second thing - The Ohio Nationals is this weekend! If you have a chance, head to the Ohio State Fair grounds...its great fun to see all the different breeds. There are usually quite a few birds available for sale if you get there early enough as well.

Please let me know via message - this thread grows so fast I have trouble finding responses.

Hope everyone weathered the storm ok - my coop was built on 18" stilts, and thank goodness, as the water came right up to the bottom....looked as though I built a coop in the middle of a pond!

Hi guys! Wanted to do two things here: First, I am looking for a sweet hen that will get HUGE, or already is. Orpington (nice cause it looks big) or Jersey Giant, or ??? I am in NE Ohio in North Ridgeville, west side of Cleveland. I will be travelling to the Ohio Nationals Saturday, so I will be headed down to Columbus.

Second thing - The Ohio Nationals is this weekend! If you have a chance, head to the Ohio State Fair grounds...its great fun to see all the different breeds. There are usually quite a few birds available for sale if you get there early enough as well.

Please let me know via message - this thread grows so fast I have trouble finding responses.

Hope everyone weathered the storm ok - my coop was built on 18" stilts, and thank goodness, as the water came right up to the bottom....looked as though I built a coop in the middle of a pond!
Welcome Avianman!! I'm not going to be able to help you out with a big girl since I have silkies and showgirls...but I wanted to welcome you aboard! I know at least a few of us will be heading to C-bus this weekend. I will be there Friday night and all day Saturday. It would be great for us Buckeyes to meet up somewhere...

There will be a couple of us there, Avianman, in red American Buckeye Club t-shirts. I'll be the one in the battered fedora. Not to hard to spot. If you see me, give me a shout-out.

rick

Back
Top Bottom