Ohio hatchery

My Pet Chicken shares space with Meyers. The office is in Connecticut but chicks come from Ohio.

I didn't know they shared space, I thought they just got the chicks from Meyer and a few others, like MPC was a middle man, that's what I've heard, but not sure. Either way, I'm really happy with meyer and probably would be from MPC too. All mine arrived alive in October and they even included a heat pad under the bedding which I didn't ask or pay for. All cheeping loudly lol got here next day too. I lost one at 6 days old but that was my fault, I had rhe heating pad all the way up inside the house and she got pasty butt.

Page 15 on the thread my pet chicken reviews in the hatchery forum, Alex from my pet chicken explains it a bit, they aren't a middle man. @MyPetChicken

Last edited:
Meyer hatchery. Great place, great people. Very willing to educate you to what will fit your needs and anything else you are questioning. We go and visit then place our orders even pick up there-feel little safer than shipping.

Meyer Hatchery is a WONDERFUL place to get chicks! I ordered from them and picked my ship date , got the breeds I wanted, I ordered 10. They hatched on the 11th. And shipped on the 11th I received them on the 12th. From Ohio to California. ALL ARRIVED HEALTHY AND HAPPY THANK GOD! Meyer took EXTRA great care in packing and shipping and they sent a heat pack to keep them cozy! All my little ones ate, drank, and learned the brinsea brooder quickly. Even though I'm in California, I'm going to be ordering from
Meyer from now on. Their birds are beautiful healthy and their customer service is the best I've ever had! My whole Meyers experience from start to finish was amazing!! I wouldn't go anywhere else!! I was able to get all my little ones vaccinated for only .50 cents per bird! Prices were great ! Just a great place! People don't want to pay a small amount more for the shipping but it is so worth it. So much great care is taken for shipping and packaging! Extra nesting material is used with smaller shipments like my 10 chicks. They also make sure the chicks stay warm in transit with a heat pack! When my chick's arrived they were in great shape and I will gladly pay a little extra shipping cost to ensure healthy happy babies! Meyers is great!

Last edited:
I ordered from Meyers and 3 chicks died within 3 days .. I also ordered with mt healthy and they all did good the same week ... Mt healthy it is for me from now on.

I ordered from Meyers and 3 chicks died within 3 days .. I also ordered with mt healthy and they all did good the same week ... Mt healthy it is for me from now on.

I'm sorry you had issues. But Meyer has really been amazing in my experience. They helped with all kinds of questions I had, helped me change my order several times, added to my order several times, and all the way from. Ohio to California the chicks hatched on the 11th, they got vaccinated, sexed, and shipped and I received them the afternoon of the 12th. Also I'm so Greatful and thank God the chicks are healthy and beautiful! I couldn't have asked for better. I'm sure if you had issues meyer would try to make it right. I was really impressed with their service and stock!

Back
Top Bottom