Ohio/Michigan/Indiana: ISO chicken sitter - paid position!

LizzzyJo

Show me the data 👩🏼‍🔬
5 Years
Dec 14, 2018
The Great Black Swamp, Ohio
Hi All,

I am going to be traveling for work next year for anywhere from 3-7 months. I need someone to watch my chickens (10 hens) on their property. I will pay $20/week plus supply all of their food and bedding. I know $20 sounds low, but it may end up being around $560. They are a very healthy, disease free flock. Also very pretty if you ask me (two calendar ladies: 2019 & 2021!). They are a non aggressive flock that all get along and free range well.

I am willing to transport their coop or to have them live in your barn. I am seeing this as an easy way for someone with a relatively large flock to make a bit of money each week or breed if they wish OR for a nice test for someone to see if the chicken keeping lifestyle is right for them.

Thank you all so much for your help and advice!

They are all laying:
3 year olds: 2 lavender Orpingtons
2 year olds: 1 White French Marans, 1 silver laced Wyandotte, 1 CCLB
Pullets: 1 Welsummer, 1 Speckled Sussex, 3 golden laced sebright bantams.

@aart @DobieClose I have seen that you all are close to me - do you know of anyone who may want extra chickens for a while?

Hi All,

I am going to be traveling for work next year for anywhere from 3-7 months. I need someone to watch my chickens (10 hens) on their property. I will pay $20/week plus supply all of their food and bedding. I know $20 sounds low, but it may end up being around $560. They are a very healthy, disease free flock. Also very pretty if you ask me (two calendar ladies: 2019 & 2021!). They are a non aggressive flock that all get along and free range well.

I am willing to transport their coop or to have them live in your barn. I am seeing this as an easy way for someone with a relatively large flock to make a bit of money each week or breed if they wish OR for a nice test for someone to see if the chicken keeping lifestyle is right for them.

Thank you all so much for your help and advice!

They are all laying:
3 year olds: 2 lavender Orpingtons
2 year olds: 1 White French Marans, 1 silver laced Wyandotte, 1 CCLB
Pullets: 1 Welsummer, 1 Speckled Sussex, 3 golden laced sebright bantams.

@aart @DobieClose I have seen that you all are close to me - do you know of anyone who may want extra chickens for a while?
I would do this if you're interested in coming to SW Ohio with your coop. I have two large flocks of chickens and other birds that free range in different areas. Your birds would have their own space in my garden that needs some weeding like only chickens can do. :)

I would do this if you're interested in coming to SW Ohio with your coop. I have two large flocks of chickens and other birds that free range in different areas. Your birds would have their own space in my garden that needs some weeding like only chickens can do. :)
Thank you for your response! I will DM you as things progress! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom