Ohio National- Wanted/Bringing

At The OHIO NATIONAL you will be under the protection of the Ohio Show Poultry Mafia and only others have anything to fear.

lau.gif
gig.gif
clap.gif

I am getting my suitcase packed....

Does anyone know what time is best to come on Friday. I am looking for a particular sebastopol breeder. Can we come on Friday or do we have to wait until Saturday if we have no entries?

Thanks,​

I think someplace back a ways in this thread, I remember that the rules say, unless you are an exhibitor you can't play (get in) until Saturday. Exhibitors may get there on Friday and set up and even do their swapping and trading, but that's it. I was going to go up on Fri also, but when I read that, it put an end to those plans, but that's OK, I'm just as happy to go on Saturday anyway. I've already got my purchase lined up, so it doesn't matter to me, and I'm not getting anything else, nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero, nothing! Do you hear...........NOTHING! Not one more bird! I mean it! No more!!!!
droolin.gif

I can bring eggs from any of my birds. They will be $1.00 each. I have many colors available. White, barred, gold laced, lavender black split, blue frizzle lemon blue split, white frizzle, white columbian cochins. Buff brahmas, and black tailed white, grey Japs. All are bantams.

Do you have any pics of your Gold Laced Cochins? I'd love to see them.
By the way I'm looking forward to seeing you Saturday. I've got your cell # so I'll be giving you a call. I'm the one buying the Partridge Cochin pullet.
Anyway, back to the eggs. I'm trying to decide if I can handle babies at this time of the year.

What I was wondering about and have no experience with yet is putting them outside from being in under lights and heat. How old do they need to be, etc. to handle the weather we get up here?

Neil, is the McDonald's on the Fairgrounds - "grounds"? I hadn't thought about the neighborhood as mentioned, but after that was posted I do remember a girlfriend of mine who goes to horse shows there every year saying that there are pockets around there that get a bit rough. It has been a long time since I've been there, but I seem to remember that you would need to almost take a car ride to get into too much trouble, but I just want to make sure, I'm a chicken (pun intended) and I'll be by myself, plus I've got rheumatoid arthritis and I don't want to have to walk too many miles to our meeting place. I'm not saying I'm completely broke down, but I kind of have to decide on a long day which hills I want to climb. I guess what I'm asking is, if Mc D's is real far, could we not go there and look for something closer so I can use more of my energy walking around looking at chickens and hopefully talking with folks.

The McDs is right on the NE corner of the fairgrounds at the ramp onto I 71 southbound.
I assure you that the fairgrounds is quite safe.

If you want I will PM you a couple of cell phone numbers so that when you arrive at the show you can call and we will meet you at the ground level door. We will park and retrive your vehicle for you to minimize walking. We will have a county sherriff or a city policeman take care of this for you. The police cheif may not be there this year. He is expecting - a grandchild.

The exhibition and trade show area all on one level. The food area is up five or six steps and there is an elevator to the mezanine level where the meeting rooms are. This is a state owned facility so everything is to code to accomodate people with difficulties. Ramps, elevators, you name it.

Let's make this simple - my cell phone number is 260 251 1926. If anyone has difficulties that we can help out on please call. Directions, assistance, other questions, hotel problems- just call, we will be happy to help. I will not arrive at the showhall until noon or so on Friday.

Remember this is The OHIO NATIONAL. When you come to our show you are under the protection of The Ohio Show Poultry Mafia. LOL Every one is a freind and our guest and we really do appreciate your attending our show.

Added-
There may not be a lot of seating places available so if you want to bring along a lawn chair we can handle that for you as well.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom