OHIO TRADERS!!!

Pics
If you mean the Swap Days, there was a swap here last month, but there are more coming up next month! The old Lucasville Swap Days (run by the SOPA) has been moved to the Ross Co fairgrounds in Chillicothe. But some other folks have started one here at the Scioto Co fairgrounds where Swap Days has been held for the last half a century or so. I think I have the flyers for them both still saved on my mobile here..

If you mean the actual poultry show, rather than swap days, that's held:
Spring Show-Always Memorial Day Weekend
(So next weekend? I believe?)
And
Fall Show-Always 1st Full Weekend of October
:)

This might be a dumb question but how do the poultry swap meets work? I have a few chickens I would like to trade. Do I just take my birds with me? Kinda new to the whole thing.

Last edited:
This might be a dumb question but how do the poultry swap meets work? I have a few chickens I would like to trade. Do I just take my birds with me? Kinda new to the whole thing.

It's actually just a huge flea market. I've honestly never seen any actual swapping done. If you have a lot to sell, you can contact the folks in charge and buy a space to set up for I think $30/35-50 (depending on outdoors or under shelter).
Now I've done some actual swapping at small-scale meets, like BYC meet ups. Over on the OH chat thread, I think we're planning another one this autumn at a BYC member's place in Mt Orab, for example.

I have 2 white leghorn chicks (4weeks old) if you are interested. I'm in Galena, just north of New Albany.
Thank you for the reply! I know I didn't specify in my original post, but I am looking for more docile, pet-like chickens. I have heard/read leghorns are, in general, pretty flighty/nervous around people. Is this typically true? I was thinking more along the lines of Plymouth, orpington, wyandotte, or sussex to start out with. However, I must admit, I'm not familiar with how easy those breeds would be to find in or around Ohio. I'm also not too keen on ordering from a hatchery, given the typical treatment of most male chicks. I will talk it over with my wife and see what she thinks about the leghorns. Thanks again for the reply.

I have 5 bcm roosters available for trade/sale. Also have 4 Rhode Island White or white leghorn ( can't tell them apart, stupid me for hatching them together).

Also have 4-5 white leghorn or rhode island white (again, cant tell them apart, im dumb) pullets. all riw/wh roos and pullets are almost 10 weeks old.

looking for: blrw, silver appleyard ducks, buff goslings

Thanks,

Cam
(orient, OH)

Thought I'd start here before I post on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum since I won't ship:)
I'm working on getting some decent photos, but, like everyone else I have some extra cockerels that need to find a home and harem of their own...my resident rooster, Big George, doesn't like to share. I'm in Delaware County, centrally located. Let me know if I missed anything...photos to come soon.
If anyone is interested, here's what I have....all boys, no hatchery stock.

*** Blue Marans (BBS breeding) (1) 8 weeks old. Home grown, son of "George" and one of my Blue Copper Marans hens. French bredding, feathered legs. $15

*** Chocolate Orpingtons (3) 10 weeks old. They are from the UK line, should weigh about 5lbs full grown, halfway between bantam and large fowl.
See "Sunnyside Up Micro-Farm" (Medina, OH) website for more details. $20.00 each

*** Light Sussex (1) 10 weeks old. Also from Sunnyside Up Micro-Farm. Incredibly social guy from day one, big and beautiful. $12

*** 100% English Lavender Orpingtons (2) 10 weeks old. Will breed true to color unlike all of the blue breeding birds--lavender to lavender breeds true.
Sunnyside Up Micro-Farm breeding. $25 each.

*** BBS Ameraucana (?) 10 weeks old. Unknown how many of the six I have are boys...pea combs tend to take longer. I may have a splash and a black cockerel, but all the boys I end up with need to go. If anyone is interested in REAL, pure Ameraucanas these would be the ones to have. $15 each Also from Sunnyside Up Micro-Farm.

Except for the first guy, all of them have had the vaccination for Marek's

Hi everyone! I am in a bind with my 3 Pekins. I have 2 drakes and a female that are not getting along with the rest of my flock. I would like to re-home them to a larger farm where they would have more room. They are friendly and have been handled since they hatched. I am in Summit county, if you or anyone you know is interested, please send me a pm. Thank you!

I have a few chickens I need to sell. My husband is having me thin out my flock :( He doesn't understand "chicken math"
I have:
3 white leghorn chicks. (7 weeks old)
2 red sex link hens. (15 weeks old)
1 White Plymouth Rock rooster. (15 weeks old)

If interested please message me. I can send pictures.

Thank you for the reply! I know I didn't specify in my original post, but I am looking for more docile, pet-like chickens. I have heard/read leghorns are, in general, pretty flighty/nervous around people. Is this typically true? I was thinking more along the lines of Plymouth, orpington, wyandotte, or sussex to start out with. However, I must admit, I'm not familiar with how easy those breeds would be to find in or around Ohio. I'm also not too keen on ordering from a hatchery, given the typical treatment of most male chicks. I will talk it over with my wife and see what she thinks about the leghorns. Thanks again for the reply.

The leghorns are very friendly (so far). They come right up to us and my kids hold them all the time. I have a Plymouth Rock Rooster I am looking to re-home also. I have 2 roosters and the resident rooster doesn't like the Plymouth :cd

I have 7 two month old silkie chicks and one showgirl. I also have 8 silkie chicks at 3 days old and 1 showgirl. White, partridge, and maybe porcelain. $10-15.00 for the 2 month olds and $5-7.00 for chicks. Might be interested in trading.

Back
Top Bottom