Oil Paintings..Beginners Post your paintings!

ozark hen

Living My Dream
15 Years
Apr 4, 2007
Mansfield, MO
I have just started taking oil painting classes. We started with what my instructor calls, 'cartoon' painting. I couldn't get back to my last class so I still have to finish it but so I wouldn't forget what she taught I did two variations at home and then tackled my landscape on my own. I know I have a long way to go but still very happy with my progress.
1280_dsc05537.jpg

1280_dsc05538.jpg

1280_dsc05535.jpg

Thanks, I don't have the depth thing worked out yet, or actually the size of things as they progess towards you but I am having a ball figuring it out. I want to see yours!

thanks all. I was hoping others would post paintings here, too? I like to see paintings as it gives me direction. It helps me see what I am doing wrong by looking at other paintings.
Sorry,
big_smile.png
no chicken coop signs. I cannot write worth a darn! I prefer to type letters to people rather then use my penmanship. LOL

Sorry, no pic, my dad is the artist in the family. I just wanted to say, I really like the 2nd painting best. I like the way the roof line is not perfect, and I think you improved the tree detail nicely. It looks like there is a good breeze blowing and making the leaves dance on the branches. Depth is hard, but I think you've got talent. I hope you post more pics of your work!

Thanks a lot, I mean that. I need helpful criticisms (sp?). I am 25 miles from my art teacher and w/out transportation at the moment due to dh's truck being down
sad.png
I am so anxious to finish my painting there at the art guild and start the next one beginning in July. She let me pick the painting I want the class to learn to do. she has an English garden one that I picked but then there is an old mill I would love to try, too. I do better looking at other's paintings and making my own version of their paintings.

Back
Top Bottom