Ok, folks, Unveiling The Ameraucana Breeding Coop(Added Pics)

Quote:
Ditto on ALL the above. I am with you 100%!! Can you please convince my DW now??
big_smile.png

Besides, I think the roosters would be sweet redemption for all the young kids keeping us up late with their partying!!

Funny you should say that. The teenage boy nextdoor to us was loud, drunk and with friends last night. And although they are maybe 300 ft away from us, we are up on a hill and sound carries. Well, he's not supposed to be nextdoor. His dad and grandmother live there and he lives officially with his mother, but his grandma is on a trip and his dad travels for work. So, there was drunken shouting and truck engines roaring. Not only do you have that in the city, LOL. Yep, I need my roosters to balance it out, but I don't think they crow enough to do that.

Love that coop design! And I also appreciate that it was built with recycled materials. We can reclaim from the dump here and that is how my coop was mostly built. How clever your DH is - must admit to a little bit of jealousy. My DH is not into the chicks as much as I am although they make him laugh.
big_smile.png

It was a bit complicated, but for having no experience with these types of angles and this many angles, I think he did a fine job. I love to do things for close to free since I can afford FREE! It would have cost $20 less if I had used the paint I had, but I thought it deserved its very own colors. Now, I'll have to wait on the run till payday so I can buy a roll of fencing. Too bad I can't find that in the dumpster, isn't it?

Thank you all for the kind words. Today, we installed the working window, which we had to make. The interesting thing is that we made it with what we had, a plexiglass etching that DH made in his college days. It's of castles or something in Russia and mountains. Hey, it's what we had, so it was free and the molding around it and the piano hinge, we already had. Here it is-don't mind my reflection in the window, LOL.
DCP_7700.jpg

DCP_7698.jpg

Back
Top Bottom