Ok i know it's not a chicken, Help! I hit a wild bird with my car....!

PAchickenlover

Songster
8 Years
Jun 29, 2011
York
Ok so we were just coming home from walmart and a small bird flew in front of my car. I stopped cause I knew that I had hit it (i had no time to react) found the bird still breathing along the side of the road. So I picked it up and brought it home. I have it in a small cat carrier right now with a towel over it. I had a Quail waterer so I filled that up and just put a pinch of the electrolyte/vitamin powder in. Does anyone know of any thing else that I should or can do for the bird?
Please help I feel so bad about hitting it.
Thanks,
Mollie

Last edited:
Does any one know how many tail feathers a bird needs to fly? The bird that I hit lost most of them in my grill (found them when we got home).

Try feeding it mealworms. The next thing you can do is try to find a local sanctuary or wild bird rehabber.

Ok I will look for someone who knows better what to do for it. I just felt sooo bad and could not leave it there on the side of the road. Hopefully it can make a full recovery
fl.gif
with a person who has the right experience. I def. do not.

Got the bird to our local Bird Rescue Center. It was what I thought it was a Cat bird. They said it has internal bleeding which was to be expected knowing it was hit by a car. They will send me an e-mail letting me know what happens to it.
fl.gif
Hang in there little bird.
fl.gif

I hope she does ok. Sometimes there is not much you can do. Good job taking it to a rescue center!

Hello, I'm still waiting on the bird refuge to get back to me. I did just send them an e-mail so hopefully I will know if the little bird made it or not. As soon asa I know I will post it.
Mollie

Back
Top Bottom