1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ok, I started a website. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by KellyHM, Oct 25, 2008.

1. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Ok, before you look at it, keep in mind that I have never done this before and it's still a work in progress. It's very simple b/c I have ZERO computer skills...lol. I'm going to put up more pics also, but am out of town right now, so that will have to wait. Anyways, tell me what you think!

www.freewebs.com/markerpoultry

2. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

Very nice...

You have one small error on the bottom of your home page the copyright doesn't line up.

3. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Hmmm...I can't seem to move the copywright and I don't know why it says 2006 either. I didn't put it there, so maybe the website does that automatically?

4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Looking good. I think that is cool, silkies laying blue eggs!!
    FL is pretty far from CA though.

5. redhead83402

redhead83402 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Idaho
    Very nice ~ don't worry about it being simple ~ simple loads much faster, and conveys a sense of orderliness & cleanliness. No need to goop up a site with silly arrows that follow you around, flash that takes forever to load, or large format pics.

When you do upload pics, remember to put them through some sort of formatter, I like to use adobe photoshop, it makes them upload so much faster.

I liked your use of font ~ nice that it's all the same, and no words cut off half-way through with -'s. Makes for easier reading.

Also, I like the nice clean lines & colors ~ very nice that you have only a few ~ it's not so much as to be distracting, but will add to the content.

I say ~ Well done!!

6. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    Nice start. [​IMG]

7. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks so much for the compliments! It makes me feel better and less like I'm floundering. [​IMG]

I have a logo that I created and it's in a word document. Does anyone know how to make it into a picture type file that I can upload? I could even e-mail it to you if you wouldn't mind helping me out. [​IMG]

8. b-cuz

b-cuz Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2008
    Meriwether Co., GA
    Good site. You can be proud of yourself. It's esthetically pleasing and functional. Who could ask for more?? [​IMG]

9. bluebirdfarm

bluebirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

if you could scan it , you could put it in as a nother type of file ?
    when you save it , there is a box that appears and at the bottom it says file type and then under that it syas save as file type , but you do not have jpg as an option in microsoft word , so if you scan it in as a picture file and not a word file maybe you copuld svae it as a jpg.

10. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Very nice site. Made me want to buy eggs and I have no way to incubate them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by