OK..I think my chick is dying!!!!

so basically it had a perfect air cell till yesterday when i candled it..i did not turn them after day 18 but now after i saw the air cell i have kept the broad part of the egg on the top and the narrow end on the bottom being upright..wont the water candling make water enter the egg?..already it has some some of jelly floating in the saddle part of the air cell..im concerned if it has died ..
Float testing them should not harm the egg unless there is a pip. Please switch the eggs to lay flat on their sides. The chick is positioning itself to hatch, It is absorbing the yolk and turning so it can internally pip then fully hatch. PLEASE turn them on their sides, I have lost a total of 65 eggs in the past couple of tries. I have never heard of jelly in an egg. It could be a "ticking time bomb" That means it could explode. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Just set your egg on the side and don't touch it. If there is a blood ring that indicates that it has passed. Don't be worried about the chick passing, It happens. Yes its heartbreaking but It was bound to happen. You cant prevent it. If you do everything right it should be aye ok. Sometimes it just doesn't work. They die naturally.

so basically it had a perfect air cell till yesterday when i candled it..i did not turn them after day 18 but now after i saw the air cell i have kept the broad part of the egg on the top and the narrow end on the bottom being upright..wont the water candling make water enter the egg?..already it has some some of jelly floating in the saddle part of the air cell..im concerned if it has died ..
Just turn it on its side. I understand what you mean about saddle-shaped now. I wouldn't worry too much. Just give it a couple more days. Have you had any hatch? How many eggs do you have?

Float testing them should not harm the egg unless there is a pip. Please switch the eggs to lay flat on their sides. The chick is positioning itself to hatch, It is absorbing the yolk and turning so it can internally pip then fully hatch. PLEASE turn them on their sides, I have lost a total of 65 eggs in the past couple of tries. I have never heard of jelly in an egg. It could be a "ticking time bomb" That means it could explode. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Just set your egg on the side and don't touch it. If there is a blood ring that indicates that it has passed. Don't be worried about the chick passing, It happens. Yes its heartbreaking but It was bound to happen. You cant prevent it. If you do everything right it should be aye ok. Sometimes it just doesn't work. They die naturally.
ive read that as the air cell has a hole it happens to starts getting liquid inside it..so basically we have to keep them upright...in order to avoid any further liquid entering the cell..thats why most of the people hatch their saddle shaped air celled eggs upright in a egg tray..thats all i can do..

During storage and incubation, the air cell gradually increases in size as water evaporates from the egg contents. When eggs are set accidentally sharp-end-up, the head of the embryo is at the opposite end from the air cell and internal pipping is impossible

ive read that as the air cell has a hole it happens to starts getting liquid inside it..so basically we have to keep them upright...in order to avoid any further liquid entering the cell..thats why most of the people hatch their saddle shaped air celled eggs upright in a egg tray..thats all i can do..
I wish you luck! Let me know if anything happens! Its really late where I am, Im pretty tired 😴

During storage and incubation, the air cell gradually increases in size as water evaporates from the egg contents. When eggs are set accidentally sharp-end-up, the head of the embryo is at the opposite end from the air cell and internal pipping is impossible
no no the sharp end is down...the blunt or broader side with the air cell is on the top..so the=at the air cell stays away from anymore liquid entering..if i lay it on the sides...the air cell with fill up and it will drown..ig

no no the sharp end is down...the blunt or broader side with the air cell is on the top..so the=at the air cell stays away from anymore liquid entering..if i lay it on the sides...the air cell with fill up and it will drown..ig
Im really sorry, but I have no idea... I can try to research it and help. The only thing is I guess just wait and see. I will do my best to help. Im wishing you luck

Back
Top Bottom