Ok - need help again - Penedesenca (black) Arkansas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by arllcountrygirl, May 7, 2009.

1. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

You guys are awesome - my dd has her eggies on the way. [​IMG]
    NOW -- Hubby has decided he wants a breed of chickens. [​IMG]
    We went to the chicken show in Little Rock on Sat. He kept talking about these big black chickens with white on their ears. I named off just about every bird I could think of that I remembered seeing there. I was kinda of numb after coming home to dead turkeys and ducks from a dog attack. [​IMG] Anyway -- I finally went to feathersite and started showing him birds. Ended up it was the black Penedesenca that caught his eye. [​IMG] Go figure - it wasn't your run of the mill breed. It has to be one that is hard to find. [​IMG] BUT-- He has always supported me and my birds ------ So now I am on the search for his Penedesenca - he only wants black. He didn't even know that they lay a dark egg [​IMG] he just seen the birds and fell in love with them. So if anyone can lead us in the right direction - we appreciate it [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Can't help you find any, just wanted to say good luck!!!! My husband fell in love with La Fleche......why can't men be a little easier!!!! It took me about a year to get him some but I finally did and it is wonderful knowing how happy those chickens made him. [​IMG] Hope you get your hubby his babies soon!!!

3. arllcountrygirl

LOL!! I agree [​IMG]

4. arllcountrygirl

anyone?

5. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    are you sure it wasn't a black minorca? they are pretty close to the penedesenca coloring.. my hubby wants black minorcas. they are awesome. [​IMG]

Sue

6. arllcountrygirl

I wish - I showed him a pic of both breeds and he is determined it is the Penedesenca. [​IMG]

7. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    awww.. that's too bad. my hubby is crazy to get the minorcas. I'm lucky i found a breeder near me:) though i am afraid of what the cost is going to be as she has many different breeds i want hahahahahha. [​IMG] anyway, i am sorry that didn't help lol.

Sue

8. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Good luck to you! And if you find any tell me too cause I have been looking for that breed as well!

9. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    There are a couple of people that sell penedesencas eggs on egg bid you could email them from their auction ad.

10. upthecreek

upthecreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    South Alabama
    You could also join "darkegglayers.com" and ask around - you will find them in a split second (lol) .

Best of Luck ,
    Shannon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by