Ok - need help again - Penedesenca (black) Arkansas

arllcountrygirl

lavender nutt
11 Years
Sep 27, 2008
Delight, Arkansas
My Coop
My Coop
You guys are awesome - my dd has her eggies on the way.
wee.gif

NOW -- Hubby has decided he wants a breed of chickens.
smile.png

We went to the chicken show in Little Rock on Sat. He kept talking about these big black chickens with white on their ears. I named off just about every bird I could think of that I remembered seeing there. I was kinda of numb after coming home to dead turkeys and ducks from a dog attack.
barnie.gif
Anyway -- I finally went to feathersite and started showing him birds. Ended up it was the black Penedesenca that caught his eye.
hmm.png
Go figure - it wasn't your run of the mill breed. It has to be one that is hard to find.
he.gif
BUT-- He has always supported me and my birds ------ So now I am on the search for his Penedesenca - he only wants black. He didn't even know that they lay a dark egg
roll.png
he just seen the birds and fell in love with them. So if anyone can lead us in the right direction - we appreciate it
thumbsup.gif
hugs.gif
Thanks

Can't help you find any, just wanted to say good luck!!!! My husband fell in love with La Fleche......why can't men be a little easier!!!! It took me about a year to get him some but I finally did and it is wonderful knowing how happy those chickens made him.
smile.png
Hope you get your hubby his babies soon!!!

are you sure it wasn't a black minorca? they are pretty close to the penedesenca coloring.. my hubby wants black minorcas. they are awesome.
smile.png

Sue

awww.. that's too bad. my hubby is crazy to get the minorcas. I'm lucky i found a breeder near me:) though i am afraid of what the cost is going to be as she has many different breeds i want hahahahahha.
smile.png
anyway, i am sorry that didn't help lol.

Sue

Back
Top Bottom