Ok NOW we have an issue

You could put chicken wire, or easier, tarp in front of the fence so they can't dig right under it.
I really really really like electric fencing - ZAP! all good hahaha! One strand is all you need about 6" off the ground, keeps them away from the fence - they get a lifter on the comb and they learn darn tootin fast to stay away from the funny looking string!

I really really really like electric fencing - ZAP! all good hahaha! One strand is all you need about 6" off the ground, keeps them away from the fence - they get a lifter on the comb and they learn darn tootin fast to stay away from the funny looking string!
Well I never! Should I to report you for animal cruelty?? 🤔🤣

2 of them, scratched around and dug enough they dug under the fence and went into my neighbors yard.
THEY DUG UNDER THE FENCE! WTH!!!!

Anyone else ever deal with kind of crap? NEVER in my wildest dreams would I have EVER guessed, you got chickens? ok, better make sure the don't dig out....
Do I just magnitate demonic birds to my domicile or what? I got the rottentoo inside who we won't even get started on, and then THEM outside now.

i understand the scratching and digging but you HAD to go under the fence??

Aaron
Where I used to live, the hens dug under the fence and went next door. They proceeded to dig in their flower beds and the neighbors called the police.

2 of them, scratched around and dug enough they dug under the fence and went into my neighbors yard.
THEY DUG UNDER THE FENCE! WTH!!!!

Anyone else ever deal with kind of crap? NEVER in my wildest dreams would I have EVER guessed, you got chickens? ok, better make sure the don't dig out....
Do I just magnitate demonic birds to my domicile or what? I got the rottentoo inside who we won't even get started on, and then THEM outside now.

i understand the scratching and digging but you HAD to go under the fence??

Aaron
Wow! I have never heard of this!! I recommend putting chicken wire around the perimeter so they can't dig under. You could also try to find the cause of the hole. My guess would be that they wanted to dust bathe there or they saw something on the other side of the fence. They could've also been curious of where this "hole" led to.

No the neighbor does not have dogs fortunately, and even more fortunately, he watched them come under the fence and found it entertaining. Chicken wire would be an issue as I have a LOT of fence line, probably 800 feet or so, and it's vinyl fence so no drilling into really or connecting /twisting around. I do like the electric fence idea, could easily drop a few stakes in the ground in their dig areas and string a popper across the region.. This actually sounds good for around the plants and stuff too where I don't want them. Run kind of a chicken 3 rd rail system around the yard heh. when it comes dinner time, just up the voltage :D

Ill have to look tomorrow and see what I can feasibly do. The coop is safe, it's the rest of the yard they free range in that they caused the issue.

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom