Ok the fastest easiest cheapest way to get rid of lice

I am also having problems with bird lice, but I don't want to use permethrin because it is poisoness to cats and just about everyone. Is there anything else I can use?
I have tried a lot of different things and as far as I'm concerned permethrin is the best option. Many people may disagree with this but when I had an infestation I tried everything including DE and they didn't work or at least didn't kill all of the pests so it became an ongoing problem until I finally used the permethrin. It did take repeated applications but the birds eventually got better. The birds looked terrible (ugly) and I thought they were molting, which they were but didn't seem to be getting their feathers in and I discovered the pests. Now the birds are beautiful again. Can you keep your cat away until it dries? then it won't bother your cat.

I have tried a lot of different things and as far as I'm concerned permethrin is the best option. Many people may disagree with this but when I had an infestation I tried everything including DE and they didn't work or at least didn't kill all of the pests so it became an ongoing problem until I finally used the permethrin. It did take repeated applications but the birds eventually got better. The birds looked terrible (ugly) and I thought they were molting, which they were but didn't seem to be getting their feathers in and I discovered the pests. Now the birds are beautiful again. Can you keep your cat away until it dries? then it won't bother your cat.
Okay, maybe I will try that. I have two nosy kittens who will get in the way, but I could just lock them in a kennel (sorry Tigar and Shadoe!). Thanks for the advice.

Ok I checked her but it wasn’t at night she walks right up to me so catching her isn’t a problem , she’s bare underneath and under wings almost so I had a clear view of most of her and didn’t see not one her waddles are not dull either but she’s a Tyson chicken so I’m thinking possibly she’s in this condition because she lays on her belly all the time and doesn’t roost I’m going to try to teach her to roost but she weighs a million pounds with giant dinosaur feet so she may not be able to get up there or to roost at all I’m not sure yetView attachment 1960057View attachment 1960058View attachment 1960059View attachment 1960060
@aart my eyes are having trouble focusing on those photos...

I think I see the feather lice egg cases.. but my eyes... :barnie

@aart my eyes are having trouble focusing on those photos...

I think I see the feather lice egg cases.. but my eyes... :barnie
I blew them up in photo program, looks more like poop than lice eggs.
See some pin feathers trying to grow in.
Since this is a stray, I'd just feed well and keep an eye on the feathering.

I think I figured it out . Her whole life she’s never rooster she lays on her belly . I’ve been trying to put her on roosts , even very low ones , she just freaks out and jumps off and goes and lays on the ground over and over

Back
Top Bottom