ok who here has had deep fried butter? or deep fried hard boiled egg?

It actually isn't the deep frying that is the problem....it's the BATTER.

If I could figure out how to deep fry butter without battering it...I would!
big_smile.png

Texans are funny.....they were talking about the deep fried butter today on the radio. The DJ said "as long as their are fairs, there will always be a need for cardiologists."

Deep fried butter? That was something unusual. Do you relish the idea of your heart exploding – if so, you might want to try deep fried butter. Deep fried butter is a horrible idea, but that didn't stop it's creator, Abel Gonzales Jr., from doing it. He's unveiling it at the Texas State Fair. (This HAD to happen in the South.) It's described as a biscuit or croissant like breading, stuffed to the gills with butter and deep fried – my arteries are clogging just reading about it. This is horrible food, and quite frankly, we have enough problems with obesity in this country without this guy. Seriously – every time somebody eats deep fried butter, another cardiologist loses the need for a loan 'til payday. http://personalmoneystore.com/moneyblog/2009/09/04/deep-fried-butter/

I dunno about deep fried butter, but I have made deep fried deviled eggs plenty of times now and they're gooood, though I don't use nearly that much batter lol

I'm always amazed at what new thing they will fry at the fair (2 years ago, it was cookie dough, before that it was coke). We'll be going at the end of the month, but fried butter is not on the menu - french fries and corny dogs are
droolin.gif
!!!

Back
Top Bottom