Okay, if I were to move where should I go................

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
If I were to move where should I move too. I want a lot of property, 10 acres would be nice, but I don't like the cold. Lived there, done that! I also am tired of the hurricanes, Florida humidity and heat, no floods please, tornado's and earthquakes - no way! It has to be inexpensive to live there but not far from a good hospital or Walmart, Tractor Supply, Home Depot and a feed store. LOL. Does this place exists????????? Anyone live near it..... LOL
tongue.png

Last edited:
I live in ABQ NM and the only thing we dont have that on your list is a TSC but on Alameda blvd we have a little place called MIller's. Just dont sell them live animals because they jip you. Also in my queit little country neighbor hood we are allowed to have anything and everything
wee.gif
droolin.gif
tongue2.gif

I don't know what I would do if I didn't live where I do. Check out Powhatan, PA. My address is actually Richmond, VA but it is hard to find more than an acre in Richmond (we are southwest of the actual city). I live less than a mile from everything we need. If I wanted more property we would move to Powhatan - everything you could want is less than 3 miles. WalMart, TSC, Home Depot, Target, you name it! Cost of living is not bad at all and everyone you talk to in this area loves it!
celebrate.gif

Forgot to add that it rarely gets very cold here and if it snows it is like 1/8 inch or less and melts in half an hour. I did lose 4 of my palms this winter - it dipped into the 20's at night for a week which is really rare!

Last edited:
If you stay out of the mountains, most of Georgia, Tennessee (not my personal favorite), SC and NC would be good choices. I am hoping to move to NC one day and get a small farm about an hour or so from the coast.

I spent 2 yrs near Greenwood, SC (which is on the western side of the state) and if we got snow, it was only an inch or two once or twice a winter. I came from Cali though, so that was a lot of snow to a kid that had never seen snow lol.

I have the perfect place for you! New Tazewell, TN! I also know of a great place for sale. Has about 10 acres, barn, 2 homes, huge garage. (ok so its my parents place but they want to sell)

Its in between Knoxville and Middlesboro, KY. You have the good hospitals in Knoxville. Cheap grocery shopping in Ky. A walmart 10-15 minutes from you. Not sure about TSC but there are other places like that.

I'd say NC. It does get alittle cold in the winter but nothing to bad, if you don't live on the coast then I wouldn't worry about hurricanes. I got my house and 2 acres for $33,000.00. Its a 4 bedroom 2 bath house built in 2001, that was a foreclousure. I am currently buying the land next door for $3000, that will give me 6 acres.

I would love to have you as a neighbor but if you dont like the cold, you cant come
wink.png

Actually the East side of Washington State is beautiful and very open. Places like Pullman, Tri-Cities. I am on the West coast and there is a lot of rain...always...i swear it never stops!

Back
Top Bottom