Okay, if I were to move where should I go................

Greece, just go to Greece. Not too hot, not too cold, not too many neighbors, good food, and I am sure the chooks would thrive there. As soon as we can shrink our cows I am making DH move there.

My vote would be for somewhere in the area of Matthews, Gloucester or parts of Middlesex County (Virginia). Being on the east coast, there is obviously still a chance of hurricanes, but it's also obviously not nearly as high as in Florida. We have four seasons, each of them tends to be moderate...winters generally don't get extremely cold, summers don't tend to be oppressively hot, etc.. Plenty of old farmhouses on land for sale around here, and I don't think the prices are bad.

I've lived in Hampton Roads, Fredericksburg, Manassas/NoVa, the Northern Neck, Richmond..and wanted-since I was a child-to retire out here, near the Rappahannock River and the Chesapeake Bay. We finally got moved out here last summer and we've never been happier anywhere else. The whole family is happier, content. There is a WalMart and a Southern States in Kilmarnock, so we sometimes drive there if we need something, but we usually drive into Gloucester which has Home Depot, Lowes, Tractor Supply, Southern States, WalMart, Walter Reed Hospital, etc..

Quote:
Oooh! So beautiful! The earthquakes scare me, though.

<~chicken
lau.gif

We get tornados, cold weather and occasional hail, but could you please move into my neighbors house? Thatway I don't have to worry about a nut case buying it.

Kentucky....just ask MissJayne
thumbsup.gif
.....can get cold sometimes , and occasionally tornadoes...but it is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l and lots of good folks .... hey their is a gorgeous 1,121 acre farm with old house and newer house on it very n-i-c-e and not too far from me either ... wish I had a gazillion dollars to buy it
gig.gif
..you know it won't be cheap, but man all kinds of wildlife their we once counted up to 30 something turkey in one of the field.
ya.gif

NC is the place. You can go from the beach to the mountains in 5 hours. I live in coastal NC and it is beautiful here and property is still reasonable. Although we don't want to many people to know how good it is here. We have hurricanes occasionally but if your not just right on the coast they usually aren't to bad. We have never had to leave our house. Only a few branches and blown over tree's. Here's the view out my front door.....

003-1.jpg

Last edited:
My ex always said Flora Vista NM was the place to go. It barely got below freezing int he winter, but only about 90 in the summer and has a river flowing thru the valley so things are nice and green.

Back
Top Bottom